“Exhort One Another” (Hebrews 10:25)

The security and encouragement of the believer is not according to how one feels, but in knowing the unchangeable love of God ever has to those who reckon themselves “dead with Christ” (Rom 6:8; Col 2:20); this is the “old man” remaining on the Cross of Christ, while the believer is raised from the Cross. The reason saints go through various feelings is so they can know that salvation transcends emotion. Yes, there will always be times of both types of feelings, of discouragement and encouragement, but it’s during the times of discouragement that demonstrates to us to know God’s love is the same, regardless the situation; and this increases and strengthens faith!

If one is still caught up in what they know God does not allow, it is either due to immaturity in Christ, where one is still a “babe in Christ,” from which God will eventually deliver from natural ignorance; or one is still unsaved and attempting to fool self into believing all is good if you keep confessing the wrong. The “old” self will continue to try to protect its ideals, so we are to be set in ourselves for the long-haul of being tempted—then being “delivered,” e.g. tempted but not giving in.

Even after being finally saved, the “old man”—until death or rapture, will continue to tempt the believer, but now it’s a different cycle. Instead of sinning and asking for forgiveness (which is not salvation if this is as far as you get), the believer is “delivered from evil” (Mat 6:13 Jhn 17:15 Gal 1:4 2Ti 4:18), i.e. we finally loose the desire for sin, which is how the old man maintains “dominion” over someone. It causes one to continue to desire sin, but the believer instead losses the taste for sin and goes “on unto completion” (Heb 6:1, 2).

Oh my goodness... the posts lately have been BRILLIANT.... This is a wonderful EXHORTATION.

Thank you for posting this netchaplain.

You have described perfectly the SHIFT in my condition these last few years. I pivoted from always being scared or worried or right off the bat just WON'T bother because I did not yet KNOW.... just how very LOVED I was by GOD..... that is when EVERYTHING changed in an instant for me. Since that moment ... .three years ago.... the JOY that floods my soul has been NON STOP... and it is NOW separated from my "feelings" onto the TRUTH of HIS WORD.

God bless you!!!

Oh my goodness... the posts lately have been BRILLIANT.... This is a wonderful EXHORTATION.

Thank you for posting this netchaplain.

You have described perfectly the SHIFT in my condition these last few years. I pivoted from always being scared or worried or right off the bat just WON'T bother because I did not yet KNOW.... just how very LOVED I was by GOD..... that is when EVERYTHING changed in an instant for me. Since that moment ... .three years ago.... the JOY that floods my soul has been NON STOP... and it is NOW separated from my "feelings" onto the TRUTH of HIS WORD.

God bless you!!!
Hi, and appreciate your encouraging compliments and comments! It's ok to enjoy the good feelings as much as we can, so long as we realize there will eventually be some discouragement behind them, and not to allow any of them to "trouble" you (Jn 14:1, 17). The discouragements are as important as the encouragements, as they are what keeps us in check of "walking circumspectly" (Eph 5:15), always trusting God that all is for our "good" (Ro 8:28), regardless of the situation!

God bless!

Back