“It’s easier to lead the flock, than yourself.”

“It’s easier to lead the flock, than yourself.” Id love to give credit with whom ever said this.

Our own personal lives are often like a 100 foot extension cord just tossed in the Garage, and requires it to be untangled to be of use.
My past has been repeated here a few times. And one thing I knew, was to ask. What my father would do in that situation, then do the opposite has served me well.
I wish this was humor but its not. My daughter in law, is like my own daughter. And I have known her since she was 13 she is 32 now and mom to my grandaughter.
But her past and mine are very similar, in just about every horrible way it could be. Right down to the manipulative family and parents. That use guilt as ammunition.
It took me until I was 40 to realize the mess I was in and due to toxicity I do not speak with my older or younger sisters. Mostly because they fed false prophecies and were committing to other false prophet behavior. And by the time I was 40, my mom had distanced her self and her cats. This is the reality of clergy, that people do not realize we are human. But I am watching my daughter in laws parents, bring toxicity to her, and now my granddaughter.
I want this to be digested clearly. I am not talking, simple disagreements or not getting along. I am talking abuse in my daughter in laws past. As well as they are extremely racist. Yet I cringe they are devote Christians. Before I knew too much of this, I had done several weddings for her family.
I can see my own life mirrored in mine. I have been very open with my daughter in law about my path. But this is her parents, and a misstep by me and could really hurt the amazing relationship we have now. I pray about this and my son, probably more often then anything else.

I have thought about pastoral advise I would give. To someone in my position and hers.
My thoughts are pray and unless any kind on current violence or abuse is in play. The stay on the side and keep praying.
If it comes to ones safety, not hurting ones feelings would be secondary. But it pains me to see my Daughter in law, suffering exactly as I did.

Next time you see your pastor. Just a Note, they have real lives, and real pain they seldom share unless required in service.
Just wanted to write this out.

As the Bible teaches strong moral principles about standing up for justice and helping those in need.

1. Proverbs 24:11-12 – Rescue the Perishing

"Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter. If you say, 'But we knew nothing about this,' does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay everyone according to what they have done?"
This passage clearly commands people to intervene when others are in danger. It also warns against the excuse of ignorance, as God knows the hearts and intentions of individuals and will hold them accountable.

2. James 4:17 – The Sin of Omission

"If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them."
This verse in the New Testament emphasizes that neglecting to do good when you are aware of an opportunity to help is considered sinful. Inaction in the face of harm or injustice is condemned.

3. Luke 10:25-37 – The Parable of the Good Samaritan

"But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn, and took care of him." (Luke 10:33-34)

Praying for Guidance Lord
Paul.

Back