1 Cor. 13:13

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
Faith is a law. You only need a law when you have options. In perfection you don't need a law.
Hope - it is not a hope I will... it is a destination, a solution. You don't need a solution when you have arrived.
Charity is an attribute. An attribute of God is an absolute.

Good morning, 2404;

My response to your thread, 1 Cor. 13:13 led me to 1 Corinthians 13:13, 13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. - ESV

Faith is not a law but a trusting relationship in God and His promises. God gives me free will choice to have faith.

Hope is not a destination but an expectation (confident) of God's promises. God sees our faith and hope within our hearts toward Him and responds accordingly.

Charity can be interchanged with Love. I agree it is the highest virtue beyond works. I may try to replace charity and love by my works but God would rather see my charity and love instead of my works.

I tell you the truth. I may not understand your heart but this is the opportunity for me to learn more about what you are conveying.

God bless
you, brother.

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
Faith is a law. You only need a law when you have options. In perfection you don't need a law.
Hope - it is not a hope I will... it is a destination, a solution. You don't need a solution when you have arrived.
Charity is an attribute. An attribute of God is an absolute.
Could you please explain what you meant when you said, faith is a law and hope is a destination. Thanks

Creation's foundation is built on, God established laws. Faith is a law for we can see it in action even on heathens with their ritualistic practices. We know the devil can't heal yet it happens sometimes under the strangest circumstances, because the people actually believe they are touching God. Of course you have to have faith for salvation but to receive that you have to be 'connected' to Christ - born again - and that limits it to the Christian. So the law can work in different ways.
Charity (Agape love) is not governed by circumstances therefore it is not a law but an attribute. Our lower forms of love are of course governed by circumstances, so it is just a type.
Hope: A hope with God is not indecisive. God being what He is - when He says something that is the way it is. So the Christian's hope is the Word of God which is rock solid.

Creation's foundation is built on, God established laws. Faith is a law for we can see it in action even on heathens with their ritualistic practices. We know the devil can't heal yet it happens sometimes under the strangest circumstances, because the people actually believe they are touching God. Of course you have to have faith for salvation but to receive that you have to be 'connected' to Christ - born again - and that limits it to the Christian. So the law can work in different ways. Charity (Agape love) is not governed by circumstances therefore it is not a law but an attribute. Our lower forms of love are of course governed by circumstances, so it is just a type. Hope: A hope with God is not indecisive. God being what He is - when He says something that is the way it is. So the Christian's hope is the Word of God which is rock solid.

Hello 2404;

From reading your post I feel the emphasis you are making is the whole body of law.

In Psalms 119:42; 142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth. - KJV

Pontius Pilate misunderstood Jesus when he asked, "what is truth?" referring to the governance of Rome. Jesus was bearing witness to the truth, thus He glorified God by saying, Your law is truth.

God bless you, brother.

Back