1 Kings 1:10-12

1 Kings 1:10-12King James Version (KJV)
10 But Nathan the prophet, and Benaiah, and the mighty men, and Solomon his brother, he called not.
11 Wherefore Nathan spake unto Bathsheba the mother of Solomon, saying, Hast thou not heard that Adonijah the son of Haggith doth reign, and David our lord knoweth it not?
12 Now therefore come, let me, I pray thee, give thee counsel, that thou mayest save thine own life, and the life of thy son Solomon.

American English Bible

10 but he didn't invite the Prophet Nathan, BanaYas, any of the mighty men, or his brother Solomon.
11 So Nathan spoke to BathSheba (Solomon's mother) and asked: 'Have you heard? AgGith's son AdoniJah has started ruling, but our lord David doesn't know about it yet! 12 I beg you to allow me to give you some council that will save your life and the life of your son, Solomon. 13 Hurry and go to King David, then say to him: O my lord the king; Didn't you swear to me (your handmaid) that my son Solomon would reign after you and sit on your throne? And if so, why is AdoniJah reigning?

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

10 He knew who stood for God; he knew who would be against stealing David’s throne.

11 Nathan may have known at this time Solomon was the one who God wanted to be the next king. This was Solomon’s mother. This was the woman Nathan gave word from God that her first born was to die as an infant and after a few days of birth he died. Sometimes it takes hearing a hard message from someone who has concern wins a friend. Nathan may have not always brought a message that people wanted to but always brought God’s word. David had not yet died so he would have not had to give up the throne until his death but it was taken from him while he was sick by his son. Sometimes to closest to us will try to take advantage of our struggles more than others.

12 To keep the kingship he would have killed any body that stood in his way, which would mean by saying something Nathan’s life may have been risked. People often times will do what ever they need to take what they want but we as Christians should submit to what God wants of us and what He wants will never lead us to sin.

Back