1 Kings 1:20-21

1 Kings 1:20-21King James Version (KJV)
20 And thou, my lord, O king, the eyes of all Israel are upon thee, that thou shouldest tell them who shall sit on the throne of my lord the king after him.
21 Otherwise it shall come to pass, when my lord the king shall sleep with his fathers, that I and my son Solomon shall be counted offenders.

American English Bible

20 So now, my lord the king; All IsraEl is watching and waiting for you to tell them who will sit on your throne after you. 21 And as it presently stands; after my lord the king goes to sleep with his fathers, my son Solomon and I will be [in great jeopardy].'

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

20 Israel always watched hat the kings was doing. The king was viewed as their leader even though God should have been viewed as their leader. The people wanted to know who would be the next king many may have thought that he had already gave his throne to his son Adonijah because of him having some of the people who were behind David.

21 Solomon was to be the next king, this is what God wanted but because of what Adonijah had done he would not allowed them to be king and because of the power he has gained he would have had no trouble getting read of him to protect his own throne. Many kings have killed there own families to protect there throne.

Back