1 Kings 1:26-27

1 Kings 1:26-27King James Version (KJV)
26 But me, even me thy servant, and Zadok the priest, and Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, and thy servant Solomon, hath he not called.
27 Is this thing done by my lord the king, and thou hast not shewed it unto thy servant, who should sit on the throne of my lord the king after him?

American English Bible
26 But he didn't invite me (your servant), or the Priest SaDoc, or BenaiJah (the son of JehoiAda), or your servant Solomon. 27 Has this matter been authorized by my lord the king, and have you failed to tell your servant who will succeed you on the throne?'

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

26 If it was David giving his son the throne because of his own sicken state he would have invited these people, it would be not unheard of to do this because of treats from others nations because of a physical weak king being in charge sometimes for the better of the kingdom they would give up the throne to have a king with physical might but if David would have done this he would have invited these men, his friends those he cared about.

27 David had already at this point decided that Solomon would be king after him; this may have been why he throne was stolen by a son who would not inherit the throne.

Back