10/10/2020 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater Pastor Keith “Love Your Enemies”

10/10/2020 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater Pastor Keith “Love Your Enemies” Matthew 5:43-48

Stop and offer help to your enemies when they are in need. Show God’s love to them when they don’t deserve it. We are to love them, pray for them and feed them if they are hungry. We should bless our enemies even if we don’t like them which is part of the reason why they are our enemies. We should still pray for them even when we don’t like them. Why? Because Jesus said so. So do it. In the Old Testament, God said to love your enemies too. Help your enemies and the Lord will reward you. Jesus said to love your enemies and do good to them that hate you. Lend money to them, expect nothing in return and God will bless you and reward you.

Three Reasons to Love Your Enemies:

• We are a witness to the world of God’s wonderful Love:
  • We show that we are Children of God. God always shows love to the undeserving and sends sunlight on them also.

• God wants us to grow up to be like Him:
  • Until I learn to love my enemies, I am still a child and not grown up like God. God wants us to eat meat and be mature, grown up and not still drinking milk like babies. We need to stop hating on people. The Bible says that if anyone says I love God and hates his brother, he is a liar. Jesus also prayed for the people who crucified Him on the cross.

• Our emeries are sinners in need of a Savior:
  • Jesus came into the world to save sinners and we are all sinners. Jesus had an agenda to save sinners. He came to die on the cross to save sinners. Your enemy is a sinner who is one of God’s prospects. You need to hate the sin but love those who have sinned against us. Let God use us to save our enemies by praying for them, feeding them and helping them

• AMEN

Back