31 scriptures about the power of your words!

Status
Not open for further replies.
power_of_words_31_scriptures_rh.jpg

Learn how to take authority over your life with these 31 scriptures about the power of your words!

Words. Use them right and they’ll move mountains. Use them wrong and they can cause your entire life to go up in smoke.

Don’t ever underestimate the power of your words. Satan doesn’t. He works constantly to get you to turn them in a negative direction. He’ll fire darts of pain and sickness and discouragement at you just to get you to speak faithless words—words that will eventually send your life up in smoke. Don’t let him succeed!

Make no mistake, your words aren’t meaningless or powerless in your life. They have creative power, just as God demonstrated when He created the heavens and the earth with His words. Now, you have the authority to do the same thing here on earth.

Begin to take control of your life by getting control of your tongue. Refuse to speak anything other than the Word of God about your life or situation. Then, watch as everything you’ve been believing for begins to come to pass. Start today with these 31 scriptures about the power of your words:

1. Psalm 19:14 NASB
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer.

2. Psalm 34:13 NLT
Then keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies!

3. Psalm 141:3 NIV
Set a guard over my mouth, Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips.

4. Proverbs10:19 NLT
Too much talk leads to sin. Be sensible and keep your mouth shut.

5. Proverbs 10:31
The mouth of the godly person gives wise advice, but the tongue that deceives will be cut off.

6. Proverbs 12:14 NLT
Wise words bring many benefits.

7. Proverbs 12:18 NIV
The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

8. Proverbs 13:3 NASB
The one who guards his mouth preserves his life; the one who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.

9. Proverbs 15:1 NASB
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

10. Proverbs 15:2 ESV
The tongue of the wise commends knowledge, but the mouths of fools pour out folly.

11. Proverbs 15:4 ESV
A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit.

12. Proverbs 15:28 NLT
The heart of the godly thinks carefully before speaking.

13. Proverbs 16:24 NIV
Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

14. Proverbs 17:27 NASB
He who restrains his words has knowledge,
And he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding.

15. Proverbs 18:21 NIV
The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

16. Proverbs 21:23 NLT
Watch your tongue and keep your mouth shut, and you will stay out of trouble.

17. Proverbs 25:11 NASB
Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word spoken in right circumstances.

18. Proverbs 25:25 NIV
Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land.

19. Proverbs 29:20 NASB
Do you see a man who is hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

20. Proverbs 31:26 NLT
When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness.

21. Matthew 12:36 NASB
But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment.

22. Matthew 12:37 NLT
The words you say will either acquit you or condemn you.

23. Matthew 15:11 NLT
It’s not what goes into your mouth that defiles you; you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth.

24. Matthew 15:18 NASB
But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man.

25. Mark 11:23 NKJV
For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, “Be removed and be cast into the sea,” and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.

26. Romans 10:10 NKJV
For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

27. Ephesians 4:29 NIV
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

28. James 1:26 NLT
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless.

29. James 3:3-6 NLT
The tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches. But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire. And among all the parts of the body, the tongue is a flame of fire. It is a whole world of wickedness, corrupting your entire body. It can set your whole life on fire, for it is set on fire by hell itself.

30. James 3:10 NLT
And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right!

31. 1 Peter 3:10 NLT
If you want to enjoy life and see many happy days, keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies.

When you take control of your words, you take back your life! As long as your words are in line with the Word of God, Satan can’t touch you. As you practice, don’t be discouraged if you miss it now and then. Just repent for anything wrong you’ve said and get right back on track. You will have what you say

© 1997 - 2018 Eagle Mountain International Church Inc. Aka Kenneth Copeland Ministries. All Rights Reserved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back