4/25/2020 Alfred Station Seventh Day BAPTIST Pastor Ken “I Thirst”

4/25/2020 Alfred Station Seventh Day BAPTIST Pastor Ken “I Thirst” John 19:28-29, Matthew 5:6, Matthew 25:33, John 4:7-14

On the Cross Jesus said “I thirst”. Some of us have had little ones say they are thirsty after they have said their prayers and slipped into bed to go to sleep. Thirsty means you need something to restore the dryness in your mouth. Jesus said this toward the end of His crucifixion according to John the apostle. John was with Jesus at the Garden of Gethsemane and John understood the Old Testament. This same John stood at the foot of the cross of Jesus Christ. John was there as an eye witness and he wrote that Jesus, knowing the Old Testament scripture, said He was thirsty. Jesus said “I thirst” before He said “It is finished”.

Jesus being both human and God said in his humanity that He thirsted. In Matthew 5:6 it says blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be satisfied. When you hunger and thirst after righteousness you will be satisfied because God is definitely going to take care of you! The ones who seek after the Word shall be satisfied. In Matthew 25:33 Jesus separates the nations-the people into two groups. He put the sheep on His right and the goats on His left. Jesus told the sheep that they had fed and clothed Him when He was hungry and naked. They asked Him when had they done this for Him. Jesus said when you do it for the least of the people, you do it for Jesus.

In John 4:7-14 Jesus meets the woman at the well in Samaria. He is at Jacob’s well and this Samaritan woman comes to get water. Jesus begins to talk to her and asks her to give Him water to drink. He tells her that He can give her Living Water and she will never thirst again. Jesus is telling us that if we believe and know Jesus, we also will never thirst again. Now the Cross did not stop the life of Jesus. We all know that He was resurrected from the dead and lives again today.

The question today is have you received Jesus Christ or are you still thirsty? Jesus is saying admit to God that you are a sinner and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Jesus is saying drink of Him and you will never thirst again. We should be like the woman at the well. Believe in Jesus. Believe that when Jesus draws from the well, we will never thirst again. Because when we drink from the well of Jesus, it will never run dry. In Jesus we will NEVER thirst again. Thank God for Jesus Christ.

AMEN

Back