40 Brave Soldiers For JESUS! ( A true story from the Foxes Book of Martyrs for Christ! )

51QI7lXwi8L.jpg
Forty Brave Soldiers For Jesus!

As a new Christian, this true story of standing up for Jesus Christ never left my heart! I've challenged myself
and my heart many times before, could I do what these forty brave men did in their stand for God and His Truth as they did in their day? In the days of Roman and Church persecution of Christians of 68 million that were put to death for the cause of Christ, these 40 brave soldiers for Jesus, stood so brave in their faith, that it meant more to them than their very own life!

It was a very cold morning forty Christian men were marched out with hands behind their backs, to a frozen lake, where their faith would be put to the test for their final time. The roman soldiers untied their hands and gave them their instructions while stripping them naked. They then showed them a heated bathhouse that was near the edge of the lake, and told them, that at any time they could recant their faith, and save themselves by retreating to the heated bathhouse awaiting them.

The roman soldiers proceeded to march these men of great faith out on the lake of frozen ice. There untied, and unbound, and with only their free will, they gathered themselves into a large circle, and while holding hands and naked and shaking, they began to sing Forty Brave Soldiers for Jesus!!!

As the day went on the roman guard's sat at the edge of the lake in utter amazement at the bravery of these men, and one by one took turns re-warming themselves in the bathhouse, to return and hear these Christian men ever so sweetly singing sweet their song of Praise while perishing on the ice!

Then as the night drew near, their song became quieter and quieter as they were freezing to death,

Forty Brave Soldiers for Jesus! Then just at once, one of the guards with his torch noticed one of the men fleeing
for the bathhouse. The men never stopped singing, but now began to sing Thirty Nine Brave Soldiers for Jesus! Then with great conviction, this guard jumped to his feet and ripped off his clothes, and screamed you fool, then ran out and grabbed the freezing mens hands and started in their song but changed it back to

Forty Brave Soldiers for Jesus!!!

Now their song erupted into a higher volume of praise. But as the night grew onward, their song grew dimmer and dimmer as they one by one perished on the ice! I can just imagine that this caused the Angels to hush their own song as they beheld and watched this supreme and valent act of courage and faith!
Please don't ever forget this true story of the,
Forty Brave Soldiers for Jesus!!!

They must have been in terrible pain, yet kept on singing praise. They must have been absolutely filled with The Holy Spirit, and as a result of their witness a Roman soldier became a Christian. Amazing faith and love.
I can't help but wonder about the one who fled to the bathroom. How did he feel? What were his thoughts afterwards? Did he gain hus faith back ir was he lost forever?

I can't help but wonder about the one who fled to the bathroom. How did he feel? What were his thoughts afterwards? Did he gain hus faith back ir was he lost forever?
I'm so, so glad that you mentioned this! It is sad that your heart grieves when one departs from the faith, but would it not have been great to see the bathhouse door swing open and he goes back out on the ice singing 41 brave soldiers for Jesus? And at another angle, think of the difference between someone losing their faith and walking away from Christ from something as minor as what somebody said about them or what the preacher preached on! But then again, their faith must not be the faith of Christ that is on a foundation of a rock!

I've always loved this verse!

Galatians 2:20​

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”

Back