5-22-2021 Seventh Day BAPTIST Edgewater Pastor Keith “To Know More God” I John 1;1-4, 5-10

5-22-2021 Seventh Day BAPTIST Edgewater Pastor Keith “To Know More God” I John 1;1-4, 5-10

The most important thing is to know God more.

• Verse 5 = God is Light
  • Verse 7 = Walk in the Light
  • Verse 9 = Confess our Sins
God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. Modern science isn’t sure what light is. We know that we can click a switch and the light kicks out the darkness. Where there is not light, darkness exists. Light and darkness cannot co-exist. Jesus said He was the light and whoever follows Him gets light and life. Light drives out darkness. If we truly have fellowship with God, we will be in the light. Plants need light to grow. We, Christians, need the light of God and the presence of Jesus to make us grow. Grow to be more like Jesus. We are to stay in the light.

Walking in the light gives us fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus washes our sin away. If we want to walk with God, we must be in the light. Bask in the light and glow of God. The more time we spend with God, the more we grow and become more like Jesus. Walking in the light is always better than walking in the darkness.

We must confess our sins and not lie to ourselves or justify our sins to ourselves. We must tell God the specifics of our sins and repent of them to God. Many of us have become too comfortable with our sins. It’s easy to remain comfortable in the darkness, even when evil is only a few feet away. Only light can show us the sins and we must not try to keep them hidden. We must want to expose our sins. When we confess our sins, God will forgive us for all our unrighteousness. When we confess our sins, we are agreeing with God that what we did was a sin.

We must confess our sins to the Lord if we ever want to be close to the Lord. If we ignore our sins, we are shutting out the light and the Lord. And this is not the way to be. There is nothing that takes the joy out of life more than unconfessed sins. Until you confess your sins, spill your guts, you won’t have joy. Once you do then you will be cleansed, you will feel free and have joy. The importance of confession is great and we all must realize this. As long as we are in our human bodies, we will have sin. If we want peace, we must confess our sins and God will forgive us. Then we are back in the light of God. Walk in the Light.

AMEN

Coming to truly know God is a life long pursuit. I'm thankful that God has set me on this path that makes it possible to truly come to know him. Thanks for sharing these words

Back