A Believer's Prayer

Coming to faith in Jesus Christ means so much more than just Jesus forgiving us of our sins so that we can go to heaven one day. When we trust Jesus to be our Lord and Savior, we give our whole heart and devotion to him to obey him, to forsake our former lives of sin, and to follow him wherever he leads. He said his sheep hear his voice, they listen and they follow him. When we invite Jesus to be our Lord, it means he is now the boss of our lives, but not just the boss of our lives, for he is our very best friend.

A Believer’s Prayer / An Original Work / July 31, 2012

With my whole heart,
Lord, I pray to be Yours,
And Yours always.
Lead me in Your truth today.
May I love You, and obey.
Lead me in Your righteousness.
When I sin, may I confess;
Bow before You when I pray;
Live for You and You always.

Love You, Jesus,
You’re my friend.
Life with You will never end.
You are with me through each day,
Giving love and peace always.
You will ne’er abandon me.
From my sin You set me free.
You died on that cruel tree,
So I’d live eternally.

Soon You’re coming back for me;
From this world to set me free;
Live with You eternally.
Oh, what joy that brings to me.
I will walk with You in white;
A pure bride,
I’ve been made right
By the blood of Jesus Christ;
Pardoned by His sacrifice.

Coming to faith in Jesus Christ means so much more than just Jesus forgiving us of our sins so that we can go to heaven one day. When we trust Jesus to be our Lord and Savior, we give our whole heart and devotion to him to obey him, to forsake our former lives of sin, and to follow him wherever he leads. He said his sheep hear his voice, they listen and they follow him. When we invite Jesus to be our Lord, it means he is now the boss of our lives, but not just the boss of our lives, for he is our very best friend.
So true... 'Coming to faith in Jesus' does mean more than 'going to Heaven one day'.
Our devotion comes as He works His righteousness through our lives... even the will
to follow Him. I'm so encouraged by Colossians 3, that teaches us to 'put off the old
man' and put on the 'new'... because of the life Christ supplies (vs 4). If we had to
depend on our own human will to do anything for God, it simply wouldn't get done.
But HE is faithful to work in us, both to will and do of His good pleasure (Phlp. 2:13).

Back