A Bible App to Add Cross References?

crossnote

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Hope this is an ok area for this topic. (If not, feel free to move accordingly).

Does anyone know of a bible app where you can add/edit your own cross references?
I believe back in the '90's there was one (QuickVerse?), but haven't come across any of late.

Well, assuming I understood what you are looking for, this app will allow you to highlight specific passages and that add notes.

View attachment 6172 View attachment 6173
I put in YouBible, I put in 'The Bible App' and 'Bible App', the only thing that comes up is the YouBible and that doesn't seem to have the feature I am inquiring of.
Here is a picture of what I am trying to describe. On the page, you'll see two columns of Bible text, and right between those columns, you'll see the Bible references. The one at the top is from Psalm 2:9 referring to Ps.89:23. I was wondering if there is an app that allows you to add or edit those cross references.
Thanks

center reference..jpg

I put in YouBible, I put in 'The Bible App' and 'Bible App', the only thing that comes up is the YouBible and that doesn't seem to have the feature I am inquiring of.
Here is a picture of what I am trying to describe. On the page, you'll see two columns of Bible text, and right between those columns, you'll see the Bible references. The one at the top is from Psalm 2:9 referring to Ps.89:23. I was wondering if there is an app that allows you to add or edit those cross references.
Thanks

View attachment 6174
Ok, this all has many moving parts. Where did you search for this app? I went to Goggle Play, typed "The Bible App," and it took me to what I was looking for:

THE BIBLE APP.JPG

Now it looks to me like you are looking for something that can "edit" references already written in your Bible. Is that correct? I guess it would help to know what type of application are you using to access your Bible?

rtm

Ok, this all has many moving parts. Where did you search for this app? I went to Goggle Play, typed "The Bible App," and it took me to what I was looking for:

View attachment 6176

Now it looks to me like you are looking for something that can "edit" references already written in your Bible. Is that correct? I guess it would help to know what type of application are you using to access your Bible?

rtm
Correct, I don’t have Android so no Google Play for me lol, just Windows and Apple.

What I read says "The Bible App" works with Android as well when I looked it up on my PC. It gave six different choices for operating systems.

Not finding Windows on any list.

The Blue letter Bible site has ScriptureMark that works for Windows. I tried this out at one time and it allows adding notes to Bible Text, but I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for.

Not finding Windows on any list.

The Blue letter Bible site has ScriptureMark that works for Windows. I tried this out at one time and it allows adding notes to Bible Text, but I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for.
Actually, it's not for me, it's for crossnote. I do "things" the hard way. I copy and paste entire books into Word and the names notes using various colored fonts and side notes.

Rtm

Actually, it's not for me, it's for crossnote. I do "things" the hard way. I copy and paste entire books into Word and the names notes using various colored fonts and side notes.

Rtm

This is actually what I've been doing as well. It suits my purpose better. I tried ScriptureMark, but I don't like having my info stored in the cloud (someone else's computer). I like the flexibility I have in Word.

This is actually what I've been doing as well. It suits my purpose better. I tried ScriptureMark, but I don't like having my info stored in the cloud (someone else's computer). I like the flexibility I have in Word.
Yes, as I go through the books and make my markings, I print the pages and wedge them in the appropriate chapter in the Bible.

It works for me....

Back