A Complete Stranger

Mat_25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Heb_13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

This happened to me on Marathon Key, Florida. I remember I was very poor and had enough food for one meal which I had stolen. I would only steal the cheap stuff. I was in a separated state at the time playing in a band in a bar. The manager of the band had stopped paying me because I was on drugs real bad. I still had the allowed one room apartment.

A stranger came to my door, he couldn't speak or hear. He gestured that he was hungry. I had a choice to make. Feed him or feed myself. There was very little food, just enough for one good meal. Well, anyhow, in my spirit, I heard the Lord say, feed him, feed him so I fed him. I only had Ramen noodles. I cooked them and gave them to him to eat. Ramen noodles and water, what a meal!

The man gestured thank you and gone as suddenly as he had arrived. Now, I was concerned about what I would eat. Well, I went hungry that night. Low and behold the next day the band manager fed me. And this person was an unbeliever.

God in His infinite wisdom and power can utilize anyone into doing His will if He so desires. He can put thoughts in our minds just like satan can. It all depends on our free will to act upon these thoughts.

The next day, the owner of the apartment, kicked me out...I was now officially homeless and kicked out of the band to boot. However, the Lord led me to this organization that fed the homeless. I was now actually better off. Praise God.

I finally got clean and it wasn't long until my long lost dad found me and we now live together here in Sumter, SC. We've been together 14 years now. I have a Christian website that the Lord has blessed with much traffic and success.

Praise God that my dad is a believer and that God directed him to finding me at the Lord's appointed time.

Amen

Thank you for sharing your testimony William. Yes I know only too well that sometimes the trials we go through are of our own making. But with faith and an open heart He rewards us with riches which are more important than money as in your case, reuniting you with your dad and helping you quit the drugs.
Blessings to you and yours

Back