A day in your life.

Apr 28, 2014
UK
Another sunny day. This is not to show my perfect irresistible skills with my small camrea :whistle: but to show how beautiful forests we have here. I can´t wait to see forests in heaven.
The forest looks lovely.

I don't think there are any forests that close to me but Thetford forest is partly in Norfolk, England where I live.

If you did visit the UK, you might like Gwydir forest in Wales. I didn't explore it when I lived in Wales (although I know a couple of the spots like Llyn Crafnant and travelled one route through there quite a few times back when I had a motorbike) but there is a mix of mostly pine forest, lakes and views of mountains in the area.

Reactions: Robine
Apr 28, 2014
UK
One of the swans, the mute swan is a fairly familiar sight to me. I've hardly got that way this year but they can be found around the salt marshes on the coast. Some around Salthouse are quite used to people and will come right up to you. Here's a picture from much earlier this year.

swan2014.jpg

Love your dog. Seems to having a great time!

Apr 28, 2014
UK
Of course what may be a familiar site or otherwise depends on where you live. Thinking of woodland, a native mammal over here that is very rare and only exists in certain parts is the pine marten. I've never seen one but I believe they are more common in other parts of Europe. Do you ever see them?

Sep 10, 2014
Czech Republic
Swans are quite usual in my country but not in this area. They come just few times a year. They are aggressive if the dog is too close.
Pine martens are common here as well but it´s not easy to see them (they are small, quick) . But if they decide to live in your house, you have serious problem with noise that they do.
My dog has great time many times a day :)

Reactions: boltardy
?

/

I don't have anything from today, but these are from last Thursday while I was in London on business. Found out that my hotel was right next to John Wesley's house...

Welcome to London. Great place, lots to see.

I live in the UK and I don't get tired of visiting London.

Great shots by the way.

Apr 28, 2014
UK
Pine martens are common here as well but it´s not easy to see them (they are small, quick) . But if they decide to live in your house, you have serious problem with noise that they do.
I get that it could be a very difficult shot even with my DSLR (which, I don't usually carry around with me on strolls down the footpath, it's too heavy and bulky - the last set from the path I posted used a Fuji SL1000 which is a lot lighter and has a good range of zoom. My own pocket camera is this Panasonic) but if you do manage to get a pine marten on camera please do post it. I'd love to see it just captured in a picture by you even if the image wasn't that crisp - getting it at all could be nice.

I'd never heard of their noises or thought of one living in a house! I'm afraid to say that I've known rats in the roof at home but nothing more exotic...

Sep 10, 2014
Czech Republic
I'd love to see it just captured in a picture by you even if the image wasn't that crisp - getting it at all could be nice.
I'd never heard of their noises or thought of one living in a house! I'm afraid to say that I've known rats in the roof at home but nothing more exotic...
I will try if I have an opportunity :)
Yes, they like to live in attic of houses and it´s not easy to get rid of them. They are also known for killing chickens or - what is more actual in these days - chewing cabels in cars.

Reactions: boltardy