A Drop Within An Ocean ...

“What we know is a drop, what we do not know is an ocean.” Isaac Newton

The totality of the knowledge of man is but a drop compared to the vastness of the knowledge of the Lord. There is comfort and peace in knowing, and it is good to hunger and thirst for more than a drop from the ocean that is the Lord, but some allow the vastness of that which is not known to cause them to doubt that which is known. Truth can be found in the simple and the small even when there is much that is unknown. Seek truth, and apply the truth revealed, but do not allow the simplicity of truth to cause doubt when that which is known is compared to that which is unknown. The Lord is found in the majestic and the Lord is found in the simple. Isaac Newton also said, “In the absence of any other proof, the thumb alone would convince me of God's existence.” I stand before the enormity of his ocean with only a drop of knowledge, but in that simple drop I clearly see the vastness of the ocean from which it came.

Hello Exonomia;

This reminds me of the time Hazel and I took a cruise to Alaska in 2010 and 2013. I stood on the deck and while praying was amazed at how powerful the Pacific ocean looked to me.

It made me think of how small my life is and how much blessing God fills us. It also made me see how I make things (circumstances) bigger than they really are, that the Pacific ocean was created by God who's Might is even bigger.

Imagine what He can do and does in our lives if we pay heed to Him daily.

Back