A hobby that Draws me Closer to God

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Sep 22, 2016
Lordie Land
I like the wolves how they are are greeting each other. I just looks like they are going to lick each other’s faces haha
My boss has 2 of these dogs and they are very loving dogs. And very fluffy. I have never seen a cardinal in my life but now I’m intrigued I we have them here in the U.K...
God has blessed you with a great talent there c Perkins and I’m glad your using it well😊

Dec 5, 2020
Seattle, WA
I like the wolves how they are are greeting each other. I just looks like they are going to lick each other’s faces haha
My boss has 2 of these dogs and they are very loving dogs. And very fluffy. I have never seen a cardinal in my life but now I’m intrigued I we have them here in the U.K...
God has blessed you with a great talent there c Perkins and I’m glad your using it well😊

I had an opportunity to learn art which was the only class available at the time. I had no idea how to do draw when I went in. I had a great teacher that inspired me to try several things. So I took a number of classes.

Good teachers are worth there weight in gold and I've discovered just as hard to find.

Dec 5, 2020
Seattle, WA
roughly, how long do they take until completion?

Before I retired I was a CPA, an accountant. What does this mean? I tend to be detail oriented. That being said I generally spend about 40 hours on a single drawing. Color Pencil drawing tends to take considerably more time than other mediums like oil, acrylics and watercolors.

There are many techniques in Colored Pencil for blending and building contrast that are not unlike what you see in paintings.

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Sep 22, 2016
Lordie Land
Before I retired I was a CPA, an accountant. What does this mean? I tend to be detail oriented. That being said I generally spend about 40 hours on a single drawing. Color Pencil drawing tends to take considerably more time than other mediums like oil, acrylics and watercolors.

There are many techniques in Colored Pencil for blending and building contrast that are not unlike what you see in paintings.
I love horses.
have you done any horses/?

Reactions: CPerkins

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Sep 22, 2016
Lordie Land
Cp...
Since your an artist of sorts, maybe your input here can help me overcome an obstacle.
I make music digitally.
But I have become pretty bored as late. Granted I need to update my music making audio workshop, and I slack at learning techniques....
I find that I loose motivation half way through some projects and can’t seem to complete them, even attending lessons is becoming boring.

but I do want to Persue my hobby.
It’s just not as exciting finishing my tunes as it is starting🙁

any tips or experience you have is more than welcome🙏

Dec 5, 2020
Seattle, WA
Cp...
Since your an artist of sorts, maybe your input here can help me overcome an obstacle.
I make music digitally.
But I have become pretty bored as late. Granted I need to update my music making audio workshop, and I slack at learning techniques....
I find that I loose motivation half way through some projects and can’t seem to complete them, even attending lessons is becoming boring.

but I do want to Persue my hobby.
It’s just not as exciting finishing my tunes as it is starting🙁

any tips or experience you have is more than welcome🙏

I've had pieces that I had to set aside for a time. Sometimes you just got to get away for awhile and recharge your creative juices.

Sometimes I found myself wanting perfection in a drawing. In these cases getting a second or third opinion might help with your perspective. There have been drawings that I've just never felt weren't quite what I wanted them to be, but a some point you just got to say this is now done.

With art of any kind the place you work on it and the environment around you can aid or work against you. Finding a space in your home or studio that encourages your art helps. Sometimes working with someone helps. I enjoy a beautiful scene when I draw and usually its quite. Artists though are all different so you'll have to find what works best for you.

If your bored with a piece perhaps your not challenging yourself enough. If I do the same things all the time it lose interest. It's then that I like to draw something that I've never tried or use a technique I've never done.

Don't get in the habit of leaving endless pieces undone. One or two is okay. Developing good habits in anything is important including art. Sometimes though you just got to take an extended break. Some can be creatively exhausted and physical exertion could be helpful.

Hope there is something here that helps.

cp