A Larger Table

'Three days later he called together the local Jewish leaders. When they had assembled, Paul said to them: “My brothers, although I have done nothing against our people or against the customs of our ancestors, I was arrested in Jerusalem and handed over to the Romans. They examined me and wanted to release me, because I was not guilty of any crime deserving death. The Jews objected, so I was compelled to make an appeal to Caesar. I certainly did not intend to bring any charge against my own people. For this reason I have asked to see you and talk with you. It is because of the hope of Israel that I am bound with this chain.” They replied, “We have not received any letters from Judea concerning you, and none of our people who have come from there has reported or said anything bad about you. But we want to hear what your views are, for we know that people everywhere are talking against this sect.” They arranged to meet Paul on a certain day, and came in even larger numbers to the place where he was staying. He witnessed to them from morning till evening, explaining about the kingdom of God, and from the Law of Moses and from the Prophets he tried to persuade them about Jesus. Some were convinced by what he said, but others would not believe. They disagreed among themselves and began to leave after Paul had made this final statement: “The Holy Spirit spoke the truth to your ancestors when he said through Isaiah the prophet: “ ‘Go to this people and say, “You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.” For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.’ “Therefore I want you to know that God’s salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will listen!” For two whole years Paul stayed there in his own rented house and welcomed all who came to see him. He proclaimed the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ—with all boldness and without hindrance!'

Acts 28:17-28,30-31

The LORD was heavily protecting Paul. His favor was a shield around him. Instead of being convicted of the false charges of the Jews, Paul was given a platform to share the Gospel to a wider audience and was allowed to live in the land safely and in his own rented house and to proclaim the Kingdom of God, teaching about the Lord Jesus Christ with all boldness and without hindrance. A pastor or minister in a YouTube video I listening to recently made the comment, “The bigger the enemy, the larger the table.” I think I have actually heard that said before and it is a good thought and could be true in many instances. Either way, the bigger the battles or “enemy”, the greater opportunity for God to be glorified! What the enemy meant for evil, God used for good and to set a larger table for Paul to preach His Good News!!! Hallelujah!!!!

The LORD was heavily protecting Paul. His favor was a shield around him. Instead of being convicted of the false charges of the Jews, Paul was given a platform to share the Gospel to a wider audience and was allowed to live in the land safely and in his own rented house and to proclaim the Kingdom of God, teaching about the Lord Jesus Christ with all boldness and without hindrance. A pastor or minister in a YouTube video I listening to recently made the comment, “The bigger the enemy, the larger the table.” I think I have actually heard that said before and it is a good thought and could be true in many instances. Either way, the bigger the battles or “enemy”, the greater opportunity for God to be glorified! What the enemy meant for evil, God used for good and to set a larger table for Paul to preach His Good News!!! Hallelujah!!!!

Good morning, Lovekr07;

When we read the quote,
“The bigger the enemy, the larger the table.” and, Either way, the bigger the battles or “enemy”, the greater opportunity for God to be glorified! One may ask, how do I define the larger table in my Christian walk?

In my testimony of the larger table, my wife and I will have lived in the San Francisco Bay Area 36 years on July 10. We got past the transition of what and why we moved here and within 7 years God revealed His Purpose and Plan for us. I'm not talking about our work careers or buying a home, but the ministry He set forth for us. Today when I look back the harvest was visibly there and is ongoing today. Still, we give Him thanks each day for sending and using us.

The Bay Area is my larger table and the ministry has taken us from our community in Daly City to San Francisco (we're on the border of SF,) Oakland, San Jose, Marin County (Golden Gate Bridge,) Monterey, etc...We are surrounded by beauty all around but the more we sat at the table we noticed how much the principalities of darkness has grown and sorely needs cleaning.

Just watch the news or wherever you receive your sources. There is a huge stench of spiritual warfare going on at the table and it's grown. The Good News is God has His reinforcements. One Christian servant can't cover the whole table so the Lord gives His assignments accordingly.

Humans who renounce God taking advantage of the freedom to change their gender, claiming God made a mistake at their birth, the freedom to dispose of an unwanted pregnancy, the freedom to exercise sexual preferences just to secretly satisfy their fleshly desire, the vices that bring temporary relief to the body, these are just a few of the outward, social justifications at my larger table just to cling on to sin and take away God's glory.

I'm sure there are large tables all around in your state, mine, and across the miles to other countries. As Christians we tend to put all the woes of the world on our shoulders and God will commend us for that. But He knows just how much each one of us are equipped and capable of handling. Still, the work remains out there.

So, each morning when we go into heartfelt prayer (speaking to God,) meditating on the Bible (God speaking to us) is a good start each day as we prepare to respond to the plans He already has for each of us.

Paul was at one time a great example of cursing Christ. The apostles or the world could not change him, but God did, leading Paul with a zeal to pray and grow in knowledge of the Word as the Lord led Paul to tend to his larger table.

In Luke 18:1, And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; - KJV

Jesus spoke and taught this because He knows the mountains we face and can lose heart resulting in a cease in our prayers. Prayer and study of God's Word is a discipline that we should not take lightly, especially when we are tending to the larger table.

God bless you, Lovekr07, and thank you for sharing A Larger Table.

Good morning, Lovekr07;

When we read the quote,
“The bigger the enemy, the larger the table.” and, Either way, the bigger the battles or “enemy”, the greater opportunity for God to be glorified! One may ask, how do I define the larger table in my Christian walk?

In my testimony of the larger table, my wife and I will have lived in the San Francisco Bay Area 36 years on July 10. We got past the transition of what and why we moved here and within 7 years God revealed His Purpose and Plan for us. I'm not talking about our work careers or buying a home, but the ministry He set forth for us. Today when I look back the harvest was visibly there and is ongoing today. Still, we give Him thanks each day for sending and using us.

The Bay Area is my larger table and the ministry has taken us from our community in Daly City to San Francisco (we're on the border of SF,) Oakland, San Jose, Marin County (Golden Gate Bridge,) Monterey, etc...We are surrounded by beauty all around but the more we sat at the table we noticed how much the principalities of darkness has grown and sorely needs cleaning.

Just watch the news or wherever you receive your sources. There is a huge stench of spiritual warfare going on at the table and it's grown. The Good News is God has His reinforcements. One Christian servant can't cover the whole table so the Lord gives His assignments accordingly.

Humans who renounce God taking advantage of the freedom to change their gender, claiming God made a mistake at their birth, the freedom to dispose of an unwanted pregnancy, the freedom to exercise sexual preferences just to secretly satisfy their fleshly desire, the vices that bring temporary relief to the body, these are just a few of the outward, social justifications at my larger table just to cling on to sin and take away God's glory.

I'm sure there are large tables all around in your state, mine, and across the miles to other countries. As Christians we tend to put all the woes of the world on our shoulders and God will commend us for that. But He knows just how much each one of us are equipped and capable of handling. Still, the work remains out there.

So, each morning when we go into heartfelt prayer (speaking to God,) meditating on the Bible (God speaking to us) is a good start each day as we prepare to respond to the plans He already has for each of us.

Paul was at one time a great example of cursing Christ. The apostles or the world could not change him, but God did, leading Paul with a zeal to pray and grow in knowledge of the Word as the Lord led Paul to tend to his larger table.

In Luke 18:1, And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; - KJV

Jesus spoke and taught this because He knows the mountains we face and can lose heart resulting in a cease in our prayers. Prayer and study of God's Word is a discipline that we should not take lightly, especially when we are tending to the larger table.

God bless you, Lovekr07, and thank you for sharing A Larger Table.
Amen, Bob! THank you for sharing this. Yes, prayer and studying HIs Word is vital for us to fulfill our assignments. We will starve and die spiritually and be worthless in the Kingdom of God without a relationship with the Lord and the Bread of Life. Also, we have to have the HOly Spirit. Not by power or might, but by His Spirit. Thank you, again and God bless you!

Back