A Lifetime of Anguish Erased

My husband opted to allow himself to undergo a healing. He was severely sexually, physically, and verbally abused by his father from a very young age. His first memories of abuse are when he was 3 or 4 years old, and the abuse continued into his teens. His father also rented him out to other men for money. The beatings often left him with broken arms and legs. In those days the authorities were reluctant to get involved in private family matters, so children in these situations had to learn to cope and survive on their own.

He grew up to be a decent, gentle, loving man who swore never to be anything like his abuser, but he harbored a lot of anger, pain, and despair within him from his experiences. To cope, he would simply compartmentalize the pain and suppress it as much as possible. However, there is only so much trauma any one person can suppress. More and more, the pain of his past would well up inside of him and his anger toward his abuser was intense. So, he approached the clergy at our church and they asked him if he would allow them to perform a healing.

The healing was done in three or four sessions, and my husband said that he could actually feel the light of Jesus' love course through him followed by an involuntary cleansing sigh where he could feel immense weight leaving him. This happened to him at two of the sessions. The last session was the final act of forgiveness, and he actually was able to forgive his abuser through Christ's love. This is by far the most amazing healing that I've ever witnessed since it involved such a complicated psychological issue. My husband is now free of the pain of what was done to him, and he is free of hatred for the perpetrator. Since the healing he is able to express his feelings more freely as he no longer needs to suppress them. He is able to express happiness, pain, grief, sorrow, joy, and he is more able to freely express love. This is such an incredible miracle and we both feel so blessed that Christ has cured the terrible pain and anger that he carried with him for his entire life. Praise Jesus!!! No amount of therapy could ever have accomplished even one-quarter of what Jesus was able to do for him. My husband has been restored in full through God's mercy and the healing ministrations of His son, Jesus Christ, our Lord. Thank you Lord for this wonderful blessing!!

My husband opted to allow himself to undergo a healing. He was severely sexually, physically, and verbally abused by his father from a very young age. His first memories of abuse are when he was 3 or 4 years old, and the abuse continued into his teens. His father also rented him out to other men for money. The beatings often left him with broken arms and legs. In those days the authorities were reluctant to get involved in private family matters, so children in these situations had to learn to cope and survive on their own.

He grew up to be a decent, gentle, loving man who swore never to be anything like his abuser, but he harbored a lot of anger, pain, and despair within him from his experiences. To cope, he would simply compartmentalize the pain and suppress it as much as possible. However, there is only so much trauma any one person can suppress. More and more, the pain of his past would well up inside of him and his anger toward his abuser was intense. So, he approached the clergy at our church and they asked him if he would allow them to perform a healing.

The healing was done in three or four sessions, and my husband said that he could actually feel the light of Jesus' love course through him followed by an involuntary cleansing sigh where he could feel immense weight leaving him. This happened to him at two of the sessions. The last session was the final act of forgiveness, and he actually was able to forgive his abuser through Christ's love. This is by far the most amazing healing that I've ever witnessed since it involved such a complicated psychological issue. My husband is now free of the pain of what was done to him, and he is free of hatred for the perpetrator. Since the healing he is able to express his feelings more freely as he no longer needs to suppress them. He is able to express happiness, pain, grief, sorrow, joy, and he is more able to freely express love. This is such an incredible miracle and we both feel so blessed that Christ has cured the terrible pain and anger that he carried with him for his entire life. Praise Jesus!!! No amount of therapy could ever have accomplished even one-quarter of what Jesus was able to do for him. My husband has been restored in full through God's mercy and the healing ministrations of His son, Jesus Christ, our Lord. Thank you Lord for this wonderful blessing!!

Wow! Glory to God this is surely awesome! Jim and I rejoice with you and your husband for this freedom of the past and all the pain. The prison bars are open Glory to God and he is free!

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful praise report and allowing us to rejoice with you

Blessings

Praise Jesus!!! No amount of therapy could ever have accomplished even one-quarter of what Jesus was able to do for him. My husband has been restored in full through God's mercy and the healing ministrations of His son, Jesus Christ, our Lord. Thank you Lord for this wonderful blessing!!
Yes, no amount of therapy can ever accomplish what God can. This is a wonderful story of healing and how it came about. Blessings to you and your husband.

Praise God and Thank You Jesus

Thank You Father and We give you Praise and Glory and Thanksgiving.
In Jesus Name Amen
Blessings
FCJ

Amen. I hope this testimony gives hope to those suffering pain from past trauma. It is proof that with God all things are possible. There is a saying in the Bible that goes something like if you place your trust in Man you will be disappointed, but if you place your trust in God and you will be rewarded.

Amen. I hope this testimony gives hope to those suffering pain from past trauma. It is proof that with God all things are possible. There is a saying in the Bible that goes something like if you place your trust in Man you will be disappointed, but if you place your trust in God and you will be rewarded.
Hi Egraine, your sharing of your husband's healing reminds me of Luke 5:18-19...(NRSV)

" And behold, men were bringing on a bed a man who was paralyzed, and they sought to bring him in and lay him before Jesus; but finding no way to bring him in, because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and let him down with his bed through the tiles into the midst before Jesus."

Past trauma can be paralyzing like this man was. And God can use others to help bring someone to Jesus even as was the situation with your husband needing the help of those who prayed for him. (your clergy in the prayer sessions)... I especially like the biblical story in that they obviously moved the tiles in the roof to lower the man down to Jesus. I guess it says that we all need Jesus any way we can get to him and sometimes we need a little help from our friends. Blessings.

That's so very wonderful!!! :)

Glory to God!

Our priest read my husband's testimony to the congregation today anonymously but with my husband's permission. My husband didn't attend because he would begin to weep and his reaction would betray him. You could hear a pin drop in that church, punctuated by the occasional gasps of shock, but in the end people were encouraged regarding God's power to heal and restore. My husband is very private and would normally never have approved of this public testimony, but he hoped that if he reached just one person to give them hope in their despair, then it would be worth it. Since he began tagging along with me to church, to where he is now, my husband has made tremendous progress spiritually. I am so grateful to the Lord and the Holy Spirit for finding their way into the hearts, minds and souls of those who I have introduced to the Word. My father, my mother, and now my husband. Nothing is more important than bringing the Word of God into the lives of those who do not know God. it is literally the gift of life.

Back