A Love Story

A Love Story

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A LOVE STORY[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One day, I woke early in the morning to watch the sunrise. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ah, the beauty of God's creation is beyond description. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As I watched, I praised God for His beautiful work. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As I sat there, I felt the Lord's presence with me. He asked me, "Do you love[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]me?" [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I answered, "Of course, God! You are my Lord and Savior!" [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Then He asked, "If you were physically handicapped, would you still love Me?"[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I was perplexed. I looked down upon my arms, legs, and the rest of my body [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and wondered how many things I wouldn't be able to do, the things that I took for[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]granted. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And I answered, "It would be tough Lord, but I would still love You." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Then the Lord said, "If you were blind, would you still love my creation?"[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How could I love something without being able to see it? Then I thought of all the[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]blind people in the world and how many of them still loved God and His [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]creation. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So I answered, "It's hard to think of it, but I would still love You." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Lord then asked me, "If you were deaf, would you still listen to My Word?" [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How could I listen to anything being deaf? Then I understood. Listening to [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]God's Word is not merely using our ears, but our hearts. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I answered, "It would be tough, but I would still listen to Your Word." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Lord then asked, "If you were mute, would you still praise My Name?" [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How could I praise without a voice? Then it occured to me: God wants us to[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]sing from our very heart and soul. It never matters what we sound like. And [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]praising God is not always with a song, but when we are persecuted, we give[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]God praise with our words of thanks. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So I answered, "Though I could not physically sing, I would still praise Your [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Name." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And the Lord asked, "Do you really love Me?" [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With courage and a strong conviction, I answered boldly, "Yes Lord! I love You[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]because You are the one and true God!" I thought I had answered well, but . . . [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]God asked, "Then why do you sin?" [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I answered, "Because I am only human. I am not perfect." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Then why in times of peace do you stray the furthest? Why only in times of [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]trouble do you pray the earnest?" [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]No answers. Only tears. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Lord continued: "Why only sing at fellowships and retreats? Why seek Me[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]only in times of worship? Why ask things so selfishly? Why ask things so [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]unfaithfully?" [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The tears continued to roll down my cheeks. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Why are you ashamed of Me? Why are you not spreading the Good News?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Why in times of persecution, you cry to others when I offer My shoulder to cry [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]on? Why make excuses when I give you opportunities to serve in My Name?" [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I tried to answer, but there was no answer to give. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"You are blessed with life. I made you not to throw this gift away. I have [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]blessed you with talents to serve Me, but you continue to turn away. I have[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]revealed My Word to you, but you do not gain in knowledge. I have spoken to[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]you, but your ears were closed. I have shown My blessings to you, but your eyes[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]were turned away. I have sent you servants, but you sat idlely by as they were [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]pushed away. I have heard your prayers and I have answered them all." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"DO YOU TRULY LOVE ME?" [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I could not answer. How could I? I was embarrassed beyond belief. I had no [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]excuse. What could I say to this? [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When my heart had cried out and the tears had flowed, I said, "Please forgive[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]me Lord. I am unworthy to be Your child." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Lord answered, "That is My Grace, My child." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I asked, "Then why do you continue to forgive me? Why do you love me so?" [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Lord answered, "Because you are My creation. You are My child. I will [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]never abandon you. When you cry, I will have compassion and cry with you. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When you shout with joy, I will laugh with you. When you are down, I will [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]encourage you. When you fall, I will raise you up. When you are tired, I will carry[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]you. I will be with you till the end of days, and I will love you forever." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Never had I cried so hard before. How could I have been so cold? How could I[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]have hurt God as I had done? [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I asked God, "How much do You love me?" [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Lord stretched out His arms, and I saw His nail-pierced hands. I bowed [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]down at the feet of Christ, my Savior. And for the first time, I truly prayed. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- author unknown[/FONT]

Godbe4me

Back