A Question To Pastors.

When I was Ordained years ago as founding member of a Ministry.
I knew its was Gods calling. It took me years to even think about it. But once I did it was rewarding and very difficult al the same.
I am 61 very hard to remember every struggle, before teaching, but it appeared to me and felt like satan was indeed
after me once I did. I know he is always after the saved. But it felt like, he opened the can of sins and thru the whole box at my feet.
I was exposed in ways that would make people blush, angry and sad all in the same day.

However recently I decided to retire from active teaching like I had and focus on more teaching that I had time for.
It has not much to do with temptation to sin. Over just being exhausted. But I do feel like I let others down by not continuing.
It almost feel selfish now that is slightly easier to go day to day. I wont ever let my guard down. I know satan little tricks and
mind games to make things appear different then they are.

Long lead into the question. I felt that during my time serving in this way, put huge temptations in front of me.
If you are willing to share I was wondering do most Pastors really feel this battle when trying to bring others to Christ?
Because why I enjoyed the service in amazing ways. It was also like having God on speed dial so to speak.
I wonder if others felt and increase in battle. I know I sure did.

Thank You

RWG

Hello Rooted;

May I ask, when did you get ordained as a founding member of the new ministry?

I can answer best by my own calling. For most of my life I dabbled with projects such as tools, technology, musician, infrastructure, export shipping and import receiving, expediting, writing, etc...But these were not my most important interactions. Many men and women who interacted in these areas became their expertise calling while spending a lot time.

As a paid professional or my community involvement such as a Little League manager, teaching kids to play marbles, bowling league and softball player, etc...He revealed to me as a growing man of God, how much of my interaction always centered around people and spending a lot of time with them.

When I was 38 years old my former pastor had me ratified as a Deacon, then Elder (according to their Church doctrine) encouraged me to take just one class at seminary, then later asked me to pray to God and consider the pastoral ministry.

1. Problem was I didn't have confidence to study anything that had to do with "theology." I had a low self-esteem in my study capabilities of God's Word.

2. I strongly felt I didn't deserve to be a pastor, ever, because of my past sins.

3. After years of God growing my faith, discipleship, serving and evangelism all within my capacities from God, I learned to finally forgive myself of my past and current sins.

4. People from my past who knew me exposed me and I asked, how can they take the place of God and condemn me? There's only One Redeemer, God is my audience who knows, sees everything about me and has forgiven me.

5. God also showed that He can't use me if I'm too strong in the flesh from pride, ego, being untruthful about my weaknesses.

It wasn't easy. It took years while seeking God and asking Him to prune me of these 5 points. I had to accept my shortcomings with humbleness and humility and trust that God was helping me.

There are other points but God allows for taking one thing at a time because our lives are a continuous work in progress. In time as God built us up, others would see our witness, our love for Jesus and others, forgiveness and not keeping score, laying our extreme trials at His feet while serving others.

Personally, when I take the time to reflect and ponder, I've learned to accept the failures and successes from my past with lessons learned without dwelling, but moving on.

A pastor's first priority is people. We're in the people business and we get tired and lonely. In this realm we have to take the light with the darkness and stand firm daily against that punk the devil. A pastor also knows the Lord sends His reinforcements, thus His Army of God.

God's lessons prepare us to be that witness, mentor, spiritual servant, (not just pastors but all who serve) in their calling, whichever way God appoints.

God bless you, Rooted, and thank you for allowing me to share.

When I was Ordained years ago as founding member of a Ministry.
I knew its was Gods calling. It took me years to even think about it. But once I did it was rewarding and very difficult al the same.
I am 61 very hard to remember every struggle, before teaching, but it appeared to me and felt like satan was indeed
after me once I did. I know he is always after the saved. But it felt like, he opened the can of sins and thru the whole box at my feet.
I was exposed in ways that would make people blush, angry and sad all in the same day.

However recently I decided to retire from active teaching like I had and focus on more teaching that I had time for.
It has not much to do with temptation to sin. Over just being exhausted. But I do feel like I let others down by not continuing.
It almost feel selfish now that is slightly easier to go day to day. I wont ever let my guard down. I know satan little tricks and
mind games to make things appear different then they are.

Long lead into the question. I felt that during my time serving in this way, put huge temptations in front of me.
If you are willing to share I was wondering do most Pastors really feel this battle when trying to bring others to Christ?
Because why I enjoyed the service in amazing ways. It was also like having God on speed dial so to speak.
I wonder if others felt and increase in battle. I know I sure did.

Thank You

RWG
Ah a Moses moment (Exodus 17)

Hello Rooted;

I can answer best by my own calling. For most of my life I dabbled with projects such as tools, technology, musician, infrastructure, export shipping and import receiving, expediting, writing, etc...But these were not my most important interactions. Many men and women who interacted in these areas became their expertise calling while spending a lot time.

As a paid professional or my community involvement such as a Little League manager, teaching kids to play marbles, bowling league and softball player, etc...He revealed to me as a growing man of God, how much of my interaction always centered around people and spending a lot of time with them.

When I was 38 years old my former pastor had me ratified as a Deacon, then Elder (according to their Church doctrine) encouraged me to take just one class at seminary, then later asked me to pray to God and consider the pastoral ministry.

1. Problem was I didn't have confidence to study anything that had to do with "theology." I had a low self-esteem in my study capabilities of God's Word.

2. I strongly felt I didn't deserve to be a pastor, ever, because of my past sins.

3. After years of God growing my faith, discipleship, serving and evangelism all within my capacities from God, I learned to finally forgive myself of my past and current sins.

4. People from my past who knew me exposed me and I asked, how can they take the place of God and condemn me? There's only One Redeemer, God is my audience who knows, sees everything about me and has forgiven me.

5. God also showed that He can't use me if I'm too strong in the flesh from pride, ego, being untruthful about my weaknesses.

It wasn't easy. It took years while seeking God and asking Him to prune me of these 5 points. I had to accept my shortcomings with humbleness and humility and trust that God was helping me.

There are other points but God allows for taking one thing at a time because our lives are a continuous work in progress. In time as God built us up, others would see our witness, our love for Jesus and others, forgiveness and not keeping score, laying our extreme trials at His feet while serving others.

Personally, when I take the time to reflect and ponder, I've learned to accept the failures and successes from my past with lessons learned without dwelling, but moving on.

A pastor's first priority is people. We're in the people business and we get tired and lonely. In this realm we have to take the light with the darkness and stand firm daily against that punk the devil. A pastor also knows the Lord sends His reinforcements, thus His Army of God.

God's lessons prepare us to be that witness, mentor, spiritual servant, (not just pastors but all who serve) in their calling, whichever way God appoints.

God bless you, Rooted, and thank you for allowing me to share.

Hello Rooted;

Good Morning Bob,

I wanted to pray on how to answer your question. Why its a simple question the answer is convoluted.
I was exposed at a young age to the Mormon Church and was studying to be a Deacon. A long line of Mormons on Grandma side.
My parents divorced and is when I was unaware I was starting the journey ( as I put in my testament when I joined here)
In 1999-2000 I studied through the churches seminary, and after a very intense biblical training the counsel approved me to be ordained.
Shortly after that in about 2002-2003 I was asked to help start a Ministry, and was Ordained openly to fit with in the Churches criteria.

I would go on to work in the community, volunteering at many places. In 2007 I was hired as a supervisor in a Drug and Alcohol treatment center, where I was also a pastor there. This pattern of service continues to this day. Never really planting my feet, but moving where needed.
I am ordained and serve as pastor now about 23 years. The path to serving, is longer and more convoluted then explained to this point.
I believe there is family sin that had to be broken in 1996. I remember the trials there, and that is when I think I truly understood the Holy Spirit and its power. I have known of it, and experienced it. But the power was enough to remove generational sin. Honestly to be blunt.
I feel it really irritated satan, when the chains were broken. And is why I think the path I took to serve. That satan saw it as a challenged.
I know its odd to speak in such general terms about a serious subject. But that is how it felt. But God was my shield then and now.
I think being Ordained simply made me a tool to help others. Its more of a badge that represents a confusion and end to it.
Which then helped me to show others the path Christ offers.

I am nothing special. If pastors were deserved the position. I think I would hardly fit the bill to qualify.
I am just a man, that worked got a title and a blessing to serve. All glory goes to God.
So when did I become Ordained. Accurate as mention above. When did I truly feel it mattered maybe 2005.
And it only mattered because people were looking for it as a pre-cursor for service. Because was always serving anyways.
Nothing changed other then the exposure made me stronger.

Oh dear, sorry about the long answer to a simple question. But to me it was more then a year to be ordained of calling to accept.
It was a long path growing to it and after. I just want to please God in what I do. If I can do that. I can survive.
I would never be the typical known Pastor, that went to college got a Doctorate in Theology, studied as and elder and then became a Pastor.
My path reminds me of a man on a horse in the old west. Service to the ones that truly want the Lords Gift and Love.

Again sorry about the long reply.

I am not a pastor, so I will quote my pastor when he was asked a similar question. "Sometimes it feels like you are the only tree in a dog park, and all of the dogs have a full bladder. But, you can't focus on the dogs. You must remember that it is GOD, who planted you there, and while the dogs are there doing what they will, you are providing a place of shelter for the sparrows."

I was exposed at a young age to the Mormon Church and was studying to be a Deacon. A long line of Mormons on Grandma side. My parents divorced and is when I was unaware I was starting the journey ( as I put in my testament when I joined here) In 1999-2000 I studied through the churches seminary, and after a very intense biblical training the counsel approved me to be ordained. Shortly after that in about 2002-2003 I was asked to help start a Ministry, and was Ordained openly to fit with in the Churches criteria.
Good morning, Rooted;

Are you still serving in the Mormon Church? We have The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in our community.

God bless you, Rooted.

Good morning, Rooted;

Are you still serving in the Mormon Church? We have The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in our community.

God bless you, Rooted.

No Bob, not since I was in my late teens
When my parents divorced that was pretty much the end at that time. I was doing home teaching at the time with them and that abruptly stopped.
There is no official shunning or ostracizing in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Excommunicated and disfellowshipped individuals can continue to attend church services. But the denigration of my home life. the church disconnected itself from us.
But I hold no ill will.
Actually even moving they would stop by and talk with me, I allow anyone that wants to talk about Jesus to enter my home.
But I have not seen elders in probably 10 years. I do have 7th Day and Catholics stop by and we just chat and enjoy the words.
After growing up and researching churches as I did. I have read the Pearl of Great Price and Doctrine and Covenants and of course the Book Of Mormon. As and adult I found it hard to follow the teaching based on their version of scriptures and prophet belief system.
But I do have found memories of Boy Scouts and many other things. So I do not have any issues with the Mormons.
For me it didn't work well scripturally.

Back