A real Techie help plea :-)

I realize this may not come under the remit of the Teck Desk however, I thought I'd try my luck. :cool:

Can anyone recommend a good App for restoring a slave drive that was accidentally formatted. I've five external slave drives on my PC,
and of course, it just had to be the most important drive that is now formatted.

Any recommended App would be greatly appreciated. I've tried EaseUs Partition Master with limited success (took hours to complete)

Cheers.

weewillie.

Weewillie, I can't say it will solve your particular problem, but see what you think of www. ccleaner.com/recuva
Blessings.

Hello there Smiler, thank you for your reply, and I apologize for my late reply. This past week has not been good due to diabetes. It makes me incredibly tired at times. It has been the worst week I've ever experienced so far. I slept for 22 hours on Wednesday, that breaks the record for me, I'll need to give myself a medal. lol

I've heard of ccleaner I'll have a look around for it. Anything is worth a try....I've lost a huge amount of files, but let's hope I manage to retrieve them.

Thank you again.

Shalome.
weewillie.

Thank you again Smiler

Last edited:
CCleaner is not a restoration program. From their web page: "CCleaner is a small, effective utility for computers running Microsoft Windows that cleans out the 'junk' that accumulates over time: temporary files, broken shortcuts, and other problems.
CCleaner protects your privacy. It cleans your browsing history and temporary internet files, allowing you to be a more confident Internet user and less susceptible to identity theft."

There is a 'free' software recovery program that has a good rating from "PC World" magazine called EaseUS. Their main page will show you how to take care of several types of data loss issues:

EaseUS Data Recovery

Disclaimer: The Staff at CFS has not tested the products offered for free at that website. Using that off site information is completely your own responsibility. We only mentioned it because the reviews for that download from several industry publications seem to be positive.

It's the Recuva part that is advertised as being able to "rescue valuable files fast – even if they were deleted weeks ago. Restore pictures, music, documents, videos, emails or any other file type from PCs, portable or rewritable media".
I was surprised to see that external discs are mentioned, too. I've only used it once, but I was impressed.

Hi folks.

Yes, I looked up CCleaner, it looks a handy wee App to download.
One thing it looks as if it possibly could be quite aggressive in its cleaning method, but I surely think it would come in handy, Smiler.
Thank you.

Just got the app "EaseUS" Pastor Gary. The info looked very promising.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thank you both for responding.
I simply took the chance that someone could advise me of a suitable app.

Best wishes to you both.

shalom.
weewillie

Back