Abiding In Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Move Closer Every Day
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
– John 15:5
8Nki9gxgoPIOMNWCGe5lj0n96OYgJSEdiJyO_R_jDE58YmHKTWDa9O3K2ZeZLLjqvt4bTKH2f6tcz2ma91IAYMcz70v51VUNLVyyHlcou858kWC_ONN-uClwIvX7W7CwpEaf=s0-d-e1-ft

Abiding in Jesus isn’t something that comes automatically to any believer. It’s a lifestyle that involves discipline and effort.

We have to choose to give ourselves to our union with Him, to give Him first place where our attention is concerned. If we want to grow spiritually, if we want to walk in power and in fellowship with the Lord, we’ll have to spend the time it takes to know Him.

That’s not something we can do for a while and then forget about either. We must continue in it every day. For the moment we stop moving closer to Jesus, we always start drifting away.

You see, here in this natural world you’re surrounded by ungodliness. You live in a body that is totally natural. Unless you purposely counter that with daily prayer and time in the Word, your body and your mind will simply give in to the pressures around you and go the way of the world.

Right now, make a decision to give yourself to the things of God. Focus your attention on the Lord. Surround yourself with His Word.

Listen to preaching and teaching tapes while you’re getting dressed, driving to work, preparing dinner, working on your car, exercising, cleaning house and when you go to bed. Listen to the Word of God anytime, anywhere!

Abide in Him today

That’s not something we can do for a while and then forget about either. We must continue in it every day. For the moment we stop moving closer to Jesus, we always start drifting away.
Amen!
It's like a controlled drift up stream or against the current or wind, once you forget what you are doing or lose focus on what you are doing, well you simply begin to turn and dtrift and go with the flow of the motion or the flow of life and ultimately lose ground and get further away from your goal.

Blessings

Move Closer Every Day
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
– John 15:5
8Nki9gxgoPIOMNWCGe5lj0n96OYgJSEdiJyO_R_jDE58YmHKTWDa9O3K2ZeZLLjqvt4bTKH2f6tcz2ma91IAYMcz70v51VUNLVyyHlcou858kWC_ONN-uClwIvX7W7CwpEaf=s0-d-e1-ft

Abiding in Jesus isn’t something that comes automatically to any believer. It’s a lifestyle that involves discipline and effort.

We have to choose to give ourselves to our union with Him, to give Him first place where our attention is concerned. If we want to grow spiritually, if we want to walk in power and in fellowship with the Lord, we’ll have to spend the time it takes to know Him.

You see, here in this natural world you’re surrounded by ungodliness. You live in a body that is totally natural. Unless you purposely counter that with daily prayer and time in the Word, your body and your mind will simply give in to the pressures around you and go the way of the world.

Right now, make a decision to give yourself to the things of God. Focus your attention on the Lord. Surround yourself with His Word.

Listen to preaching and teaching tapes while you’re getting dressed, driving to work, preparing dinner, working on your car, exercising, cleaning house and when you go to bed. Listen to the Word of God anytime, anywhere!

Abide in Him today

Love it!!!

If you are not grounded in the Word and a storm comes in your life, things will start leaning to the left, leaning to the right. If you are grounded in the Word of God, you can withstand that storm. You know that everything will be alright because you know God is right there with you. You may go to and fro for a moment but if you just meditate on God's promises, the winds don't seem so strong, the waves don't seem so high. You don't mind the bumps in the road. Because when God says, "enough" God will bless you and restore you. And, you have learned patience in waiting on God, you have learned to trust in Him when trials occur. You learn that God's grace is sufficient. And, you are prepared to help others.

Thank you for this thread. It was food to my spirit.

This is where training (or pruning) comes in. If you just let a vine go without pruning, it will go all over the place. This is like going into the world and going wild! Branches that do this are unruly and get tangled up in everything! To get the best fruit, the vinter or vineyard worker must train the branches and cut off any that are trailing to the ground. Many vinters use a t bar wire. Or a vine can be grown over a pergola.

God trains or punes us. He wants us to grow and toward the sun so that we can be fruitful. He also thins us out if we get too crowded. He removed branches that are dead and prunes back branches to get more fruit. I love this picture of how we abide in Jesus. When you see a vineyard thats been cared for, or a vine thats been trained its beautiful and abundant!

I drive 40 minutes to work. I try to spend most of it praying and just in communion with the Lord. I want Him to be continually in my heart and mind. I do have a question, I find myself throughout my day talking or praying silently. My question is does He hear this prayer? I had assumed that he does because I know that He knows our every thought, but this question did come to mind the other day as I was praying...

I drive 40 minutes to work. I try to spend most of it praying and just in communion with the Lord. I want Him to be continually in my heart and mind. I do have a question, I find myself throughout my day talking or praying silently. My question is does He hear this prayer? I had assumed that he does because I know that He knows our every thought, but this question did come to mind the other day as I was praying...
There are times when we can really only pray silent and then there are others when we can be as loud as we want.

The thing that baffled my thinking is simply this.
Many are not shy and will speak out loud when they just have to tell you something.
Come backs and smart remarks etc.
THEN.....
when it comes to prayer or praise.....oh its hush hush......
Strange to say the least. Lol
Blessings

In Romans and I think Corinthians also.... the apostle Paul, through the unction of the Holy Spirit spoke about that. The Holy Spirit dwells within us and knows us intimately... In fact it's His voice that speaks to our spirit and our voice that relays that information to us. So when you speak within He knows... The difference between speaking out loud and quietly within... Is power. There is power of the Spirit within the spoken Word.

The verse I was thinking about specifically is 1Corinthians 2:11 and also a few of Romans 8

Blessings to you!

1 Corinthians 2:11-13 King James Version (KJV)
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

I'm tired tonight so may not be thinking clearly....are you saying He doesn't hear silent prayers?

actually I did just see the post from you before this one....

Just want to add one thing about pruning or training. A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.

God speaks kindly to us. He is never rough or harsh. But his Word can be like a twoedged sword. But its never blunt. Or butchering the job.

I have learned that with pruning if you are too hard on certain plants at the wrong time, you might actually kill them and they wont grow back. So be careful how you speak to others because death and life are in the power of the tongue.

Also certain plants you can be really hard on. Actually certain plant you can cut back right to stumps because they have thorns, roses I am talking about you. And the deadwood is only fit to be burned. But we must never treat believers this way, as we are abiding in the vines not growing wild like thorny bushes.

Remember Jesus cursed the fig tree and the next day died. Thats how much power a curse from Jesus can be. No need for roundup!

Fcj you can respond as you wish but it seems you dont understand what Jesus did in cursing the fig tree, he actually made it die.

Fcj you can respond as you wish but it seems you dont understand what Jesus did in cursing the fig tree, he actually made it die.
No mam, it is you that does not understand the entire point to the text.
I never said He did not but you wrote....

Remember Jesus cursed the fig tree and the next day died. Thats how much power a curse from Jesus can be. No need for roundup!

I said....
That passage is not about Jesus can curse something.

So please try not to change things around.

Now Let's put this text back into context.
Starting at verse 22, the entire point to the fig tree is explained.

So please do not take a single scripture and try to use it for anything other then what it is referring to.

It's not about how Jesus can make a powerful curse. The Curse of the Fig Tree is an Example of True Biblical Faith and nothing more.

20 While Jesus and his disciples were walking early in the morning, they saw that the fig tree had dried up.

21 Peter remembered what Jesus had said, so he said to Jesus, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has dried up.”

22 Jesus said to them, “Have faith in God!

23 I can guarantee this truth: This is what will be done for someone who doesn’t doubt but believes what he says will happen: He can say to this mountain, ‘Be uprooted and thrown into the sea,’ and it will be done for him.

24 That’s why I tell you to have faith that you have already received whatever you pray for, and it will be yours.

25 Whenever you pray, forgive anything you have against anyone. Then your Father in heaven will forgive your failures.

Blessings

No mam, it is you that does not understand the entire point to the text.
I never said He did not but you wrote....

I said....

So please try not to change things around.

Now Let's put this text back into context.
Starting at verse 22, the entire point to the fig tree is explained.

So please do not take a single scripture and try to use it for anything other then what it is referring to.

It's not about how Jesus can make a powerful curse. The Curse of the Fig Tree is an Example of True Biblical Faith and nothing more.

20 While Jesus and his disciples were walking early in the morning, they saw that the fig tree had dried up.

21 Peter remembered what Jesus had said, so he said to Jesus, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has dried up.”

22 Jesus said to them, “Have faith in God!

23 I can guarantee this truth: This is what will be done for someone who doesn’t doubt but believes what he says will happen: He can say to this mountain, ‘Be uprooted and thrown into the sea,’ and it will be done for him.

24 That’s why I tell you to have faith that you have already received whatever you pray for, and it will be yours.

25 Whenever you pray, forgive anything you have against anyone. Then your Father in heaven will forgive your failures.

Blessings

Another thing to remember.... Jesus didn't do anything but speak the words that the Father spoke to His heart to speak. The Father did the rest.

Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in Me? What I am telling you I do not say on My own authority and of My own accord; but the Father Who lives continually in Me does the ( His ) works (His own miracles, deeds of power).
John 14:10 AMPC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back