Acceptance...

A couple years ago, I spent a bit of time in hospital. Those were difficult days for which I am grateful since they taught me to accept my own mortality.

This year my beloved house cat has grown quite ill. Doctors say it's likely intestinal lymphoma. He's lost approximately 50% of his body weight, can't jump anymore and can barely walk. His days are few.

This experience is teaching me to accept the mortality of others, which is proving difficult indeed.

Attachments

• Teenage Bootsy 1.jpg
    Teenage Bootsy 1.jpg
    968.1 KB · Views: 5
A couple years ago, I spent a bit of time in hospital. Those were difficult days for which I am grateful since they taught me to accept my own mortality.

This year my beloved house cat has grown quite ill. Doctors say it's likely intestinal lymphoma. He's lost approximately 50% of his body weight, can't jump anymore and can barely walk. His days are few.

This experience is teaching me to accept the mortality of others, which is proving difficult indeed.
I understand. I am hospicing my terminally ill dog suffering from cancer and old age. You're in my prayers.Resized_Resized_20220605_143840.jpeg

Last edited:

My condolences.

We also have a beloved cat.

At my age, I have burried all my grand parents, parents, uncles, aunts and a grandchild. Life is indeed hard.

If we live long enough, we will se a lot of things in life that we do not like or want to see.

Thank you. This means a lot. 🙏 I pray for guidance and am prepared to make the choice to euthanize him if I sense he's suffering. Currently he's just tired all the time.

Hello LearningToLetGo;

That's tough, brother. My aunt's cats all had a unique bond and relationship with her. I have personally seen her loss so I'm sensitive to what you're going through.

It's been decades since we owned pets but our family have their own cats, dogs and a couple of birds. We've accepted the outcome of our lives and make the most of our daily relationships with others including their beloved cats, dogs and birds.

God bless
you, LearningToLetGo.

August 3rd, 2024 at 1:05 PM PST, my beloved cat died. He was not alone. My wife and I were with him, literally holding his paws as he took his last breath.

LearningToLetGo;

I read your post and could feel you and your wife's loss of your beloved Teenage Bootsy. I'm also with you and everyone in prayer.

May God be with
you both at this time.

Back