Adam was in perfection

But Adam's transgression was not so much in breaking a law but an entering in for the sake of his wife, Christ being the second Adam.
I don't find this in Scripture.

"For if, because of one man’s trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ." (Romans 5:17, ESV)

I don't find this in Scripture.

"For if, because of one man’s trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ." (Romans 5:17, ESV)
Seeing it in scripture:
God is omniscient so the fall wasn't a surprise but was allowed, allowed for the purpose of redemption. Eve was a part of Adam, he wasn't complete without her so his course of action was inevitable. It was a trespass but a trespass with purpose for reasons not yet realized.
The natural types the spiritual so Adam was a type.
Sorry for the slow response - too many irons in the fire...

Seeing it in scripture:
God is omniscient so the fall wasn't a surprise but was allowed, allowed for the purpose of redemption. Eve was a part of Adam, he wasn't complete without her so his course of action was inevitable. It was a trespass but a trespass with purpose for reasons not yet realized.
The natural types the spiritual so Adam was a type.
Sorry for the slow response - too many irons in the fire...
I'm not sure that Adam was predestined to sin. He was only 1 of 3 human beings that never possessed a sin nature when they began life (Adam, Eve, and Jesus), so both he and his wife had a degree of freewill that none of the rest of us will ever possess. Eve could have chosen not to eat the fruit, and Adam could have refused to be influenced by his wife. If they hadn't eaten, the entire course of human history would have been different.

But Adam's transgression was not so much in breaking a law but an entering in for the sake of his wife, Christ being the second Adam.
It’s a very romantic perspective. Adam like a shining white knight becoming a black knight in order to sacrifice and protect his damsel in sacrificing himself to the dark side as well . But is it true ? Perhaps upon closer examination a poem does come to mind ( There under the spreading chestnut tree naked lies me there naked lies you. There under the spreading chestnut tree I sold you and you sold me ) About the only ennoble sacrifice in paradise I saw that day was from God himself ❤️ When he gave Adam and Eve a covering of animal skins. The first sacrifice and future prophetic sacrifice of what was to come. Behold the lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the world.

Back