Advice For My First Missionary Trip...

Hi everyone. On the 18th March i am headed for Lesotho in Africa. As you might already know, i am from South Africa. This is my first Missions trip and i have 5 days left before i leave. The trip is 5 days long, and i am super excited and nervous and expectant! Any advice from you guys? Maybe a story i can share to lead into sharing Jesus!

God Bless
Chilli

Hi everyone. On the 18th March i am headed for Lesotho in Africa. As you might already know, i am from South Africa. This is my first Missions trip and i have 5 days left before i leave. The trip is 5 days long, and i am super excited and nervous and expectant! Any advice from you guys? Maybe a story i can share to lead into sharing Jesus!

God Bless
Chilli

Can't wait to hear back from you brother. :)

Hi guys. So i am back and it was incredible. God did a great work in me while up there. I have returned a new man. On fire for Jesus and with a new calling in my heart. We had over 200 people giv etheir lives to Christ in two of the rural villages. We handed out beanies and blankets, Bibles and Joyce Meyer booklets. We built a jungle Gym for the kids and i ministered to the men in prison. I know God has called me into Missionary work and into full time ministry. Just waiting for Him to show me the way to achieve this and for Him to open the doors, bring the connections i need etc.

Thanks and God Bless!

Hi guys. So i am back and it was incredible. God did a great work in me while up there. I have returned a new man. On fire for Jesus and with a new calling in my heart. We had over 200 people giv etheir lives to Christ in two of the rural villages. We handed out beanies and blankets, Bibles and Joyce Meyer booklets. We built a jungle Gym for the kids and i ministered to the men in prison. I know God has called me into Missionary work and into full time ministry. Just waiting for Him to show me the way to achieve this and for Him to open the doors, bring the connections i need etc.

Thanks and God Bless!

Awesome stuff brother. I wish I could be there with you. Have you taken photos? I am glad God has used you for this missions work and I am sure this is only the start. I heard from my friend who ministered in a prison in Kenya that the men and women there were really tough but also very receptive to the Gospel. Stories like these bring tears to my eyes. Are you willing to write down interesting experiences you have had there with photos and stuff? :)

Awesome stuff brother. I wish I could be there with you. Have you taken photos? I am glad God has used you for this missions work and I am sure this is only the start. I heard from my friend who ministered in a prison in Kenya that the men and women there were really tough but also very receptive to the Gospel. Stories like these bring tears to my eyes. Are you willing to write down interesting experiences you have had there with photos and stuff? :)
Yeah i would be willing. Will put something together and post here on this thread!

Here are some highlights and pics from my first Missions trip to Lesotho.

The first morning we woke up in Mokhotlong, we went down to this area that is between a church and a school, and we built a jungle gym for the children. It took us all day and at one point, the kids came out for a break and started crowding around. I took on the task of luring them away from the construction site by taking photo's of them and then showing them the photo's of themselves. I tell you, these kids were blown away by the fact that this contraption could show them themselves. Lol. needless to say, i had over 50 children overwhelming me to try and all see the photo's at the same time. LOL. Here are some photo's of the jungle gym and some of the kids.

Attachments

• 52. Chilli Picking 3.jpg
    52. Chilli Picking 3.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 54. Kid.jpg
    54. Kid.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 55. Jungle Gym We Built 4.jpg
    55. Jungle Gym We Built 4.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 56. Little dude.jpg
    56. Little dude.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 57. Little Girl.jpg
    57. Little Girl.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 58. Kids On Hill.jpg
    58. Kids On Hill.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 59. Jungle Gym We Built 3.jpg
    59. Jungle Gym We Built 3.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 60. Jungle Gym We Built 2.jpg
    60. Jungle Gym We Built 2.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 61. Jungle Gym We Built 1.jpg
    61. Jungle Gym We Built 1.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 62. Kids on Slide 1.jpg
    62. Kids on Slide 1.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 4
The next day was full, and we went to the local prison, where i was asked to share the gospel and my testimony along with 2 other guys from our team. No photo's allowed at the prison. But God's spirit was with me and moved. At the end , before we left, the guys were all coming to say thanks, and when i looked around, the rest of my crew were gone, and then i said goodbye and walked to the entrance of the prison, and found that the gates had been chained shut and i was still inside. bwhahaha. From there we went to the Lerato Center which is a clinic for HIV and Aids patients. We ministered to the people there and saw many find Christ, which was fantastic. From there we went out to two rural villages where we shared the gospel through a heart Chart and a Jesus Film translated in Sesotho. We handed out Sesothoi Bibles, also soccer balls, gumboots, blankets and beanies. In Both villages, in total over 200 people gave their lives to Christ. The Holy Spirit blew a wind through the villages while we prayed for healing, and many were healed. It was so powerful. Here are some pics. The old lady in the pink was 78 years old and suffered for years with a frozen shoulder which cause her pain and she was unable to move it. She was completely healed.

Attachments

• 91. Alter Call 5.jpg
    91. Alter Call 5.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 92. Alter Call 6.jpg
    92. Alter Call 6.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 93. Handing out Books.jpg
    93. Handing out Books.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 94. Happiest guy on earth.jpg
    94. Happiest guy on earth.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 95. Ladies with Beanies 1.jpg
    95. Ladies with Beanies 1.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 97.2 Wayne in 1st Village.jpg
    97.2 Wayne in 1st Village.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 101. Kids with Gumboots 2.jpg
    101. Kids with Gumboots 2.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 104. Alter Call 1.jpg
    104. Alter Call 1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 105. Alter call 2.jpg
    105. Alter call 2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 115. Chilli and Kids 2.jpg
    115. Chilli and Kids 2.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 3
Here are some more random photo's from my trip. The Sani Mountain Pass up which we 4x4'd was too incredible for a camera to capture, but i tried. I rode a mountain pony, roasted Marshmallows over an open fire with some Sesotho kids and they loved it and ate the whole bag. lol. All in all, it was an incredible trip and God moved in my heart and spirit and this trip has changed me as a person forever!

Attachments

• 13. Up Sani 3.jpg
    13. Up Sani 3.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 16. Chilli on Landi.jpg
    16. Chilli on Landi.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 17. 12 Apostles Mountains Range.jpg
    17. 12 Apostles Mountains Range.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20. Landscape 14.jpg
    20. Landscape 14.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 23. Landscape 15.jpg
    23. Landscape 15.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 3
  • 103. Chilli on Mountain pony.jpg
    103. Chilli on Mountain pony.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 108. Landies.jpg
    108. Landies.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 123. Roasting Marshies.jpg
    123. Roasting Marshies.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 127. View from Top of Sani Pass.jpg
    127. View from Top of Sani Pass.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Our Vehicle.jpg
    Our Vehicle.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 3
And some more Random Pics. Well, i hope you enjoy the pics. God bless you all and Lets all enjoy the weekend, as we remember Gods grace and the sacrifice Jesus made!

Attachments

• 24. Landscape 11.jpg
    24. Landscape 11.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 30. Sunset 2.jpg
    30. Sunset 2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 46. Cross on Mountain.jpg
    46. Cross on Mountain.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 66. My Room and I.jpg
    66. My Room and I.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 114.1. Cool Sosotho Dude.jpg
    114.1. Cool Sosotho Dude.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 114.2. Smiling girl.jpg
    114.2. Smiling girl.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 116. Chilli and Kids 3.jpg
    116. Chilli and Kids 3.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 155. from air 1.jpg
    155. from air 1.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 159. Sunset From air 1.jpg
    159. Sunset From air 1.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 3
  • 160. sunset from air 2.jpg
    160. sunset from air 2.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 3

Thanks and God Bless!

Aww man im soo happy for you missions truly is awesome ^^ I know god is well pleased w/ you :)) doing his work and showing the love of God ... this encourages me alot knowing that I've got lots of bro's & sis' in Christ working hard and are good christian role models. I was wondering like.. how did you minister to the prisioners?

Aww man im soo happy for you missions truly is awesome ^^ I know god is well pleased w/ you :)) doing his work and showing the love of God ... this encourages me alot knowing that I've got lots of bro's & sis' in Christ working hard and are good christian role models. I was wondering like.. how did you minister to the prisioners?

Hi Pancakes. Thanks for encouraging words. Well, to be truly honset, i cannot remember what i said in the prison. I believe God used me and His Holy Spirit took over. I could never have preached in fron t of that many people. Its not in my strength to do something like that. But Gods strength is shown in our weakness to glorify His name!

Back