Alleged Army Deserter Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl Returns To Regular Duty

It is a problem for me, and many others too.
He was given an uncharacterized discharge from the Coast Guard, due to psychological reasons some reports say, from the Coast Guard prior to his signing on to the Army.

He should have never been allowed in the ranks.

The more I learn about him the less I like. To find out the bottom line, all one needs to do is talking with the men in his outfit. They will know exactly what he did and why.

No one should be surprised at being presumed innocent until proven guilty in legal issues.

But, why do you or the other poster care? I care about the boarder issue because these immigrants are changing the culture I live in. I care about the Zimmerman trial because the case tells us about racial issues in the culture I live in. I care about who's elected because that person will promote laws that affect how I live. Now, why do you care about whether or not some kid in Afghanistan deserted? In fact, there is something not being said here.

Because different people care about different things!

Well, the 5 terrorists that were traded for his freedom are back at killing innocent people and one of them just might wind up living right next door to where you live now. Do ys think that might effect your thinking???

The more I learn about him the less I like. To find out the bottom line, all one needs to do is talking with the men in his outfit. They will know exactly what he did and why.
Same here. I know a great many in the military, active duty and retired. It's as Bergdahl's commrades said when they were interviewed about this exchange. They didn't know what he thought of them, but they would have laid down their lives for him.

And six did! When they went searching for him after he left his post the second time. Folding his clothing neatly and leaving his rifle behind. Witnesses in the area said Bergdahl, when he saw his platoon mates searching for him, made evasive maneuvers in order to avoid being seen. He saw them looking for him in a hot zone, where their lives were at risk, and he continued on and hid so as not to be seen.
That's more than AWOL in my personal opinion. When someone removes their uniform and lays down their only article of self defense, their duty rifle, and walk into a hot zone, they're not looking to simply take a walk for their health.

Bergdahl's contempt for America is the other matter that makes his leaving his post something beyond AWOL. Which is bad enough, while desertion is the worse thing.

The Washington Post National Security

Bergdahl’s writings reveal a fragile young man
By Stephanie McCrummen June 11

(Sic)....
“I’m worried,” he wrote in one journal entry before he deployed. “The closer I get to ship day, the calmer the voices are. I’m reverting. I’m getting colder. My feelings are being flushed with the frozen logic and the training, all the unfeeling cold judgment of the darkness.”

A few pages later, he wrote: “I will not lose this mind, this world I have deep inside. I will not lose this passion of beauty.”

(Sic)...
On June 9, 2009, two weeks before he walked away, Bergdahl sent an e-mail to a friend.

“l1nes n0 t g00 d h3rE. tell u when 1 ha ve a si coure 1ine about pl/-\ns,” read the partly coded message, one of Bergdahl’s many references to unspecified plans and dreams of walking away — to China, into the mountains, or, as he says at one point, into “the artist’s painted world, hiding from the fields of blood and screams, hidden from the monster within himself.”

I remember one of his platoon mates saying in an interview that right after Bergdahl went missing the second time, when the troop would come across the Taliban, their evasive measures were directly counter to those the Army employed against them. As if they knew what was coming and took the necessary steps to defend against it prior to the strike.

Certainly those officials investigating Bergdahl, who was promoted twice while missing for those five years, know far more than any of us could guess. I just find it odd that a man who couldn't be trusted to stand a post in Afghanistan is trusted to sit a desk at an Army headquarters while he continues to be investigated for possibly having deserted.

How can the army trust a man with a psychiatric history like this? After six weeks of reintegration? And who has written he hates the very country he was sworn to defend? I've never heard of someone who's under investigation like this being allowed to continue their duties.

Well, the 5 terrorists that were traded for his freedom are back at killing innocent people and one of them just might wind up living right next door to where you live now. Do ys think that might effect your thinking???

I have zero fear of terrorists.

You care because you think prisoner swaps endangers Americans? Is that why there's such interest in denigrating this young soldier, to bolster the case against prisoner swaps?

I have zero fear of terrorists.

You care because you think prisoner swaps endangers Americans? Is that why there's such interest in denigrating this young soldier, to bolster the case against prisoner swaps?

Barnabas. You do not have a clue as to what I fear my friend.

I stated the facts! The 19 men who flew into The Twin Towers lived in Florida next door to somebody!!!!

Having been in the military, I can assure you without hesitation that every single terrorists or enemy swapped is going to kill again. The fact is that the next time they do it, it may very well be you or your family. Now that is a fact!

Personally, I would never have made the trade. Every single man knows that capture and torture is part of the program and yet they sign up anyway.

I stated the facts! The 19 men who flew into The Twin Towers lived in Florida next door to somebody!!!!

There are 15,000ish murders each year. Other than 9/11, the number of Americans murdered by terrorists on American soil is statistically insignificant. And 9/11 didn't happen because of any prisoner swaps.

But, taking your side, just oppose prisoner swaps. I don't see the need to attack this one individual. We don't know the facts, and whether he deserted or not is irrelevant to the appropriateness of prisoner swaps. Would the released terrorists be any less dangerous if Bergdahl didn't desert?

Because different people care about different things!

Appeal to fear.

There are 15,000ish murders each year. Other than 9/11, the number of Americans murdered by terrorists on American soil is statistically insignificant. And 9/11 didn't happen because of any prisoner swaps.

But, taking your side, just oppose prisoner swaps. I don't see the need to attack this one individual. We don't know the facts, and whether he deserted or not is irrelevant to the appropriateness of prisoner swaps. Would the released terrorists be any less dangerous if Bergdahl didn't desert?

I am sorry my friend but that response just not deserve a response. IF you had participated in military combat situations and war you would know how wrong your comment is!

Whether he deserted or not....... IS THE ISSUE!!

I have no reason to doubt that the
John the Baptist validated the convert’s role in the military. When soldiers repented from their sin and asked John how they should then live, John’s reply was in essence, “Be a just soldier” (Luke 3:14). Clearly, soldiers bear arms.

Yes be just. BTW, I doubt they had the option to leave the military. Christianity isn't permission to rebell.

I have no reason to doubt that the

Yes be just. BTW, I doubt they had the option to leave the military. Christianity isn't permission to rebell.

Not so. Every one in the military has any option of leaving.

Listen my friend.......you are missing the point. The man in combat is NOT thinking and fighting for his country. I know what you have been taught but that simply is not he case. The man in combat is fighting for the man next to him in the foxhole. He wants the man next to him to live and fight with him so that both survive.

Christianity is the forgiveness of sin and the ability to serve God.

Back