And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely...

Blessed are those that will DO His commandments. They will enter into the understanding of the mysteries of the kingdom. They will be found having brotherly love and will receive the water of the Spirit which brings them understanding. They will hear what the Spirit is saying as they will do His will and be able to understand.

Revelation 22:14-17 KJV
(14) Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

But outside of the understanding will be those who will not do His commandments and will act without brotherly love towards His messenger of the Truth. They will quench the Spirit. They will not be filled with what the Spirit is saying and instead be found “drunk” on the wine of wrath and pride.

(15) For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

He sends His messenger....a "stranger"...a fellowservant....a brother...to testify of these things in the churche.

(16) I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Those with brotherly love will hear and be inviting….saying “come”…as they will invite a “stranger” to abide with hospitality. Whosoever WILL, let him take the water of life freely.

(17) And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Whosoever WILL, let him take of the water of life freely. If a man WILL do His will, he shall know of the teaching whether it be of God or not. If a man wants to do the will of God to have love for another, then we shall understand what the Spirit is saying through the preaching of a “stranger”. We will not quench the Spirit by behaving in evil towards what we hear.

John 7:15-17 KJV
(15) And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?
(16) Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
(17) If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Therefore, we are not to be unwise but understand what the will of the Lord is. We are not to be “drunk” with the wine of wrath at what we hear the Spirit saying to us but instead be filled with the Spirit. We are to drink in what the Spirit is saying to our ears and hearts and not quench what we hear in our wrath.

Ephesians 5:17-21 KJV
(17) Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
(18) And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Instead of evil contending…resisting what the Spirit is saying....being drunk with wine wherein is excess, we are to speak to ourselves thankfulness to God in our hearts. We are to REJOICE and be thankful and make melody within our own hearts.

(19) Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
(20) Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
(21) Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

We come to a city of understanding.....where we are to hear the words of the biblical saints spoken (the breaths of just men made complete in the interpretation of Christ) in the Spirit of Truth. He opens up our understanding to the Scriptures and it is a heavenly city that we are to hear and let rule over us.

Hebrews 12:22-29 KJV
(22) But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
(23) To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
(24) And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
(25) See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:
(26) Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
(27) And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

We are to hear and serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear.....lest He find us sleeping and forgetting to have brotherly love.

(28) Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
(29) For our God is a consuming fire.

Back