Anyone into Weightlifting / Bodybuilding?

I have been using a few excercises lately that I thought I'd post.

Burpee to pullup, burpee to dip, DB swings, and plank lateral raises. I pick one of the first 3 and complete at the endo of my routine, WOW, very hard and eliminates the normal cardio routine. I can get more detail if you want some on the lifts.

Today I'm going to try burpee to clean to DB press. Not looking forward to it (secretly I can't wait) it's going to be a lot of pain.

How was it diagnosed? An MRI? Check out a 2nd opinion. If you have just disregard this, injuries are terrible, and everybody has an opinion. I got an AC seperation benching when I was younger, I rehabbed it for a year and can bench again, but I don't use a bar anymore, just DB's. I have a few great low weight shoulder excer. if you want to try them out.
Two opinions so far, no mri, both have said the only way to see this tear is to "scope" my shoulder by drilling a hole in it, then using a camera to see inside.

I am like you, and prefer to think they are wrong. I will definitely be looking up your lifts and add them to what I am doing now to strengthen my joint. Thanks so much for sharing! Its wonderful to see God healed you and your able to DB Bench now.

I will do whatever it takes to heal up.

Thanks,
Mike Boyer

Ok, so I worked out today, and everything seemed to be ok. I did go extra light to make sure I didnt further injure my shoulder, but I was able to do a full upper body workout without feeling any pain initialy Praise God!

I am hurting a bit deep inside my left shoulder right now, but Thank God I can still lift!!!

Tyler thanks so much for your suggestion, I have implemented your excersices into my daily rehab. I also went online and bought a glucosamine and chondroitin product to try and lubricate and heal the joint. Cheap too, alot less than in the local store.

Swanson Health Products - Glucosamine & Chondroitin Combo That cost me 10 bucks and comes with 200 caps.

Whirlwind, how goes your popping / cracking problem? Both my shoulders still do this, and hurt when they crack. My left is worse than the right by a bit. Just wondering what you may have found out about this. My doctor the ortho surgeon just acted like it was no big deal. From what I am reading this could be due to tendon or ligament problems.

My shoulder got hurt too. I tweaked it or something on the decline bench press. I tried to go yesterday anyways on it, near dropped it on my head because it hurt so much. I must have jerked it off the rack too quick last time or something and sprained it. Really bites that I can't do over-head lifts now.

BCheezy, Im sorry to hear that! Especially almost dropping the weight on your head! I have had my share of mishaps and had the bar pop me a couple times when I have had a give out haha.

I hope your injury is minor and heals quickly! I have a hard time with any pressing motion, but especially the flat bench, and military presses now.

I am still pusing forward like you, but if I hit pain, I stop immediately. Slight discomfort is ok though :)

The hardest part for me is working with such light weight as opposed to the amount that I was moving right before my mishap.

OK, I did the "turkish get up" for 9 sets today, WOW, very good test of strength. If you want to try it search it, youtube has a ton of demo's. I'm going to try lighter weight next time and speed it up.

Wow that was an intense looking lift. I don't think that my shoulder is capable of holding or lifting my body weight up in that position yet. I will definitely be giving it a try though! Thanks Tyler.