Anyone Like Animals?

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
I once scolded a cat for clawing the couch and told it to shoo! It walked away from me with "daring eyes." I felt challenged and the cat kept doing the same thing day after day. Then I realized it had 9 lives. Yikes!

Sorry, but am not a cat fan. I love dogs and they seem to like me the first time we meet each other. When I scold a dog it will walk away with puppy eyes looking so guilty.

1613849744181.png

Nazarene Servant

Account Closed
It's ok. I have had it several times; especially on the way back from the Florida Keys. A bit too chewy. To the best of my recollection, I have had:

Alligator
Emu
Goat
Shark
Snake
Iguana
Horse
Buffalo
Moose

I think that is it.

Ray
I have had:
Alligator
Emu
Goat
Buffalo
Elk
Deer
Moose
Crickets
Octopus
Caviar

Of those Elk is my favorite because you don't have to cook it much and it is so nice. I eat steak rare anyway but Elk is like you just cut a slice and chow down. Delicious! In my opinion, eating anything well done is disgraceful to the meat - might as well eat jerky. We used to have a restaurant and people who ordered our steaks well done did a disservice to our method of preparation because they didn't get the full flavor and then they would send it back for not tasting right. Well, yeah! You wanted it burnt so you can't complain that the seasonings and marinade burned up too. LOL What do you say?

Last edited:

rtm3039

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
I have had:
Alligator
Emu
Goat
Buffalo
Elk
Deer
Moose
Crickets
Octopus
Caviar

Of those Elk is my favorite because you don't have to cook it much and it is so nice. I eat steak rare anyway but Elk is like you just cut a slice and chow down. Delicious! In my opinion, eating anything well done is disgraceful to the meat - might as well eat jerky. We used to have a restaurant and people who ordered our steaks well done did a disservice to our method of preparation because they didn't get the full flavor and then they would send it back for not tasting right. Well, yeah! You wanted it burnt so you can't complain that the seasonings and marinade burned up too. LOL What do you say?
Yes, add Octopus to my list, as well as caviar and guess we can also add pork and I totally forgot about Elk and rabbit. I too like by steak with a pulse.

Nazarene Servant

Account Closed
I actually liked MREs and even the C-Rations that came before.

Ray
You are a real trooper. The only thing I liked was the
Lemon Poppy-Seed Pound Cake and from my understanding
they dropped that. I had c-rations once when I was young and
don't recall if they were good or not so I will just take your word for that.

rtm3039

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
You are a real trooper. The only thing I liked was the
Lemon Poppy-Seed Pound Cake and from my understanding
they dropped that. I had c-rations once when I was young and
don't recall if they were good or not so I will just take your word for that.
I've never been a finicky eater. The C-Rats has a chocolate bar (round and was called a John Wayne bar) that I really liked.

My eating habits are pretty simple (I really do not care). Back when I was single, I use to make a large amount of crab meat salad (about 5 pounds), For a week, I would come home, put some of it in a large cup, and and eat it. I use to some times go for weeks just eating canned tuna. Actually, for the last three days, I have had a can of tuna for lunch.

Nazarene Servant

Account Closed
I've never been a finicky eater. The C-Rats has a chocolate bar (round and was called a John Wayne bar) that I really liked.

My eating habits are pretty simple (I really do not care). Back when I was single, I use to make a large amount of crab meat salad (about 5 pounds), For a week, I would come home, put some of it in a large cup, and and eat it. I use to some times go for weeks just eating canned tuna. Actually, for the last three days, I have had a can of tuna for lunch.
Now that I can handle. I love crab meat and I have done plenty
of eating from a can as well. I always preferred Chef Boyardee
from a can when I was single. I have never been picky either.
I hate mayonnaise and anything with mayo in it but other than that
I will pretty much eat it or try it.