rtm3039

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Feb 5, 2019
Miami, FL
Now that I can handle. I love crab meat and I have done plenty
of eating from a can as well. I always preferred Chef Boyardee
from a can when I was single. I have never been picky either.
I hate mayonnaise and anything with mayo in it but other than that
I will pretty much eat it or try it.
a couple of years ago, we got hit wit a pretty good Cat 1. No power for 8 days. I sent the wife and daughter away and I spent the days cutting people's trees and surviving on the Boyardee. I believe I took our a case (24) in 8 days.

damage1.jpgdamage2.jpg
food.JPG

rtm3039

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Feb 5, 2019
Miami, FL
a couple of years ago, we got hit wit a pretty good Cat 1. No power for 8 days. I sent the wife and daughter away and I spent the days cutting people's trees and surviving on the Boyardee. I believe I took our a case (24) in 8 days.

View attachment 5391View attachment 5392
View attachment 5393
Riding out a hurricane was on my "bucket list" and I was able to talk the wife into not running away from it. I will admit that this was a low Cat 1, so I would not recommend anyone riding a Cat 2 or higher.

It had everything one could hope for. Downed trees on one end and the ocean coming down the street on the other. All I have left is an earthquake. :)

trees.jpg trees.jpg

Riding out a hurricane was on my "bucket list" and I was able to talk the wife into not running away from it. I will admit that this was a low Cat 1, so I would not recommend anyone riding a Cat 2 or higher.

It had everything one could hope for. Downed trees on one end and the ocean coming down the street on the other. All I have left is an earthquake. :)

View attachment 5394 View attachment 5395
I experienced an earthquake in Afghanistan, my first tornado in NE, and two hurricanes last year. One was Sally, although it was rated a 2 it behaved as a 3 and was very slow moving. I stopped laughing about it when trees started falling on houses but I sat out on the front porch all evening and night watching it though. Not been through a tsunami but that one is not on my to-do.

rtm3039

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Feb 5, 2019
Miami, FL
I experienced an earthquake in Afghanistan, my first tornado in NE, and two hurricanes last year. One was Sally, although it was rated a 2 it behaved as a 3 and was very slow moving. I stopped laughing about it when trees started falling on houses but I sat out on the front porch all evening and night watching it though. Not been through a tsunami but that one is not on my to-do.
I took in a couple of "dust devils" in the desert. One took a GP medium about a mile away.

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Sep 22, 2016
U.K.
I am an adventure junkie and I am jealous....😩

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Sep 22, 2016
U.K.
I once scolded a cat for clawing the couch and told it to shoo! It walked away from me with "daring eyes." I felt challenged and the cat kept doing the same thing day after day. Then I realized it had 9 lives. Yikes!

Sorry, but am not a cat fan. I love dogs and they seem to like me the first time we meet each other. When I scold a dog it will walk away with puppy eyes looking so guilty.

View attachment 5386
Bob, I am a doggie fan too.

I would think that doggie would look like you when your wife gets cross with you lol

Not unique enough lol
I have often wondered if a life sans the clutter of experience isn't the essence of peace and satisfaction itself. None of my experiences ever brought me gratification or joy. It has always been the reflection of those things experienced with loved ones in the simplest of settings that I cherish most. The rest are just conversation pieces.

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Sep 22, 2016
U.K.
I have often wondered if a life sans the clutter of experience isn't the essence of peace and satisfaction itself. None of my experiences ever brought me gratification or joy. It has always been the reflection of those things experienced with loved ones in the simplest of settings that I cherish most. The rest are just conversation pieces.
I agree with you.
My adventures don’t bring lasting satisfaction either.

oh I need a husband..😞

CPerkins

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Dec 5, 2020
Seattle, WA
My adventurous days are done. I seemed to have been born a monkey though perhaps a clumsy monkey falling out of trees, crossing streets without looking at the truck heading my way, falling down stairs, climbing bookcases. Later exploring underground abandoned mine shafts with rotting timbers and even evidence of rock slides didn't deter me at the time. Let alone the possible pockets of methane gas that I didn't know anything about.

These days I'm not a monkey. Somehow I've become a turtle. Perhaps it was the back surgery or perhaps they removed something I don't know about. Hmmm.

Perhaps a pet monkey is in order. Now, if I could sell that to my wife. :D