Anyone Program Or Use Python

I have developed some custom stock AI programs using Python and found it and amazing tool.
But,
I am in the process of building a NIV, KJV Python program that when I search its gives
both passaged from both versions. I am using this as a teaching tool.
Just wondering if anyone has built JSON or databases that work well or know good data sources.
There are many websites that I am sure I could just do that. But this will be a stand alone.
That I will then covert to a app to use on my phone as well.
This is for personal use as I do not have NIV rights to use.
So is a personal tool, until or if I get copyright granted. Building for a teaching tool for the podcast if I move forward and do that.

Hello RootedWithGod;

May I use your name Rooted?

My wife and I are still primitive with AI. We never heard of it until this year. We already stopped entertaining negative painted pictures of AI from the media and am trying to keep an educated, open mind of this technology.

I never heard of Python programming nor grasped many software programs through the years.

It sounds like you want to implement Python and create a personal Bible teaching application from a desktop or mobile.

Are you led to created a program similar to Logos or Blue Letter Bible?

Personally, I still can't believe I invested a lot of money in Logos about 6 years ago and learned Blue Letter Bible was practically free.

What you shared sounds interesting. Tell us more.
😎👍

God bless you, RootedWithGod.

Hello, actually my personal first is Paul. :)

I would say it would be along the same premises as the Blue Letter Bible.
I have been praying for some guidance and the idea of Python might be the avenue.

I am a stock investor since retiring a few years ago and well I live very simple life however.
I drive 20 year old SUV and even older truck, TV is like 12 only things I have newer are my computers which is a workstation
and helps me create and trade.
( there is a point to including that ). I had a friend 4 years ago that wanted to open a discord to help new traders.
And well there is software you can buy, but wow is it expensive. I have tested and designed software as a hobby.
And thought with this stock could I make similar software? Seems I was able to create software that can analyze
about 10,000 stocks in 30 seconds and then give the top 10 of those stocks that are moving. I also then created a system that catches stocks
before those top 10. I am working on a top two. And I give it to the group for free. Took about 9 months to make.
But now people can have what other that have allot of money can afford.
AI came into play by creating a learning machine. Its learning each time I do this and it saves the data to use again.

So here is where the project for the Bible comes from Bob, ( is it ok to use your personal ?)
I want to create a podcast which I spoke about in another area in this forum.
And I had and epiphany, can I made NIV KVJ program that will show both passages the same time.
( what it does is it uses Dos and then would create a popup that is actually a photo with the scriptures that matched.
So when I am doing the project. ( if I still do it) this would be very helpful so I can see both meanings instantly.
I am just starting the process of setting up the process so its untested yet. But seems possible, just allot of data to move at once.
I had started a HTML program with Java like 15 years ago. But it was too slow at the time running HTML on the PC.
I build websites and have two machines at home that run Windows server 2022. So I use them to run python as they process more efficiently.

The deep truth about Python is I am getting older and its harder to always grab the exact information I want from memory.
And building programs like this help allot. I have built some smaller programs on Python that do simple tasks.
I have been around computers all my life, as when Santa Clara was slowly becoming Silicone valley they would let us
have electronics they would throw away, places like Atari, Intel, AMD and many others just threw stuff out.
And the security guard would help us. That was before greed became the normal. But they would help us.
So since then I was always around computers and building them, websites and so on.
I actually could give up every electronic device I have. As I have been careful and pray often to help myself stay rooted.
A strong reason I am joining these forums is to make sure I stay that way. We need fellowship. I think we become parched without it.

Hope this helps some. I also hope I didn't over share, the technical stuff.

Paul

And I had and epiphany, can I made NIV KVJ program that will show both passages the same time.
Can you find these in ASCII text? If so, delineate verses with newline and regex search (e.g. grep) by verse. With a bit of tweaking, should work well enough for a personal app.

For example, a quick search found ASCII Bibles on openbible.com. I was able to whip up this trivial program as proof of concept.

$ type bible-search
bible-search is a function
bible-search ()
{
echo -n "ASV:";
grep --color=auto "$1" asv.txt;
echo -n "JKV:";
grep --color=auto "$1" kjv.txt
}
$ bible-search "Genesis 22:5"
ASV:Genesis 22:5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass, and I and the lad will go yonder; and we will worship, and come again to you.
JKV:Genesis 22:5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.
$ bible-search "Luke 12:14"
ASV:Luke 12:14 But he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you?
JKV:Luke 12:14 And he said unto him, Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you?
$ bible-search "Acts 3:14"
ASV:Acts 3:14 But ye denied the Holy and Righteous One, and asked for a murderer to be granted unto you,
JKV:Acts 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
$

With a bit more work, one could capture this data in MySQL or some other proper database and make it searchable via a REST API. Then you could capture this from whatever UI you like, whether web or mobile app.

If this is new to you and you'd like pointers, then DM me.

Jason

Last edited:
Thank you, for the website and idea.
And the offer of assistance very much appreciated. I will for sure DM if I get stuck.

I am going to use the similar process I am doing for stock market scanning Python I made.
But the website is a great resource. I am going to buy a digital NIV and convert it.
I could web scrape but NIV is copyrighted and I have not found and open source for projects yet.
But the website has many variables. So I have actually now thought with your helpful idea is to scan several
bible versions at once. I have two servers in my office, one not really used as often so may use that to process.

Again thank you, this opens up for some great ideas. :coffee: 🙏

Have started converting the files over. I ended up buying a digital NIV as there was no free versions of it.
I think I have now 5 or six conversions. So as soon as those are done going to build my personal data base.
My stock program took over 6 months and I presume getting this dialed in will probably take as longer maybe longer to find tune.

Completed : Python Part1 now can pull up NIV version working well.
Part two is to now have it run along side the KJV. This allow display of the scripture in both NIV and KJV

Took some time to get it to work. I did buy a NIV and then converted that way I am paying for it. There are free versions.
But NIV is copyrighted and I want to make sure this is done correctly.

The NIV was easy. The KJV will be harder because word usage is different. But I have a solution I am working on.

Back