Anyone want to read together?

Hows everyone going? Love the Exodus story. Funny thing first chapter it says the Hebrew women were not as Egyptian women...the Hebrew women were lively.
What does that make the egyptian women? Deadly?? Or maybe...boring?

Lanolin According to what is in a book that my husband has, it explained that they were rather "lazy".. it said that because they were in a fertile-land area, that the river would rise/flood and deposit nutrients/minerals into the soil.. so plants/food grew easily and with less effort. So they didn't have to work as hard, and became lazy and spoiled... I'm not sure which book, I'd have to ask him.

Hmm could be but they got the Hebrews working hard making those useless pyramids.

Hello AtomicSnowflake and Lanolin;

lol!

Egyptian women during the Old Testament times were educated, many were prosperous and had more liberties than Hebrew women. Supposedly they were equal to men under their laws and but in reality they were not really equal because Egyptian men divorced their wives more than woman divorced their husbands. Perhaps its because Egyptian women slept for periods of time daily and jobs were not abundant for women so they were not quick to leave their husbands.

I don't believe they were lazy or boring.

Hebrew women were always hard workers, mid-wives and good cooks. Their family lines were wealthy, but the father had ownership of his daughter so he had to release her when she got married. They were not as educated as men except when Moses, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob taught the Hebrew woman about God. They were attentive students.

I don't believe they were lively because they were "managed" more by Hebrew men.

My question is, were Hebrew women truly happy with their men?

Perhaps the pyramids were useless to the Hebrews but not the Egyptians. It was like an ancient mall. They could keep all their valuables, plunder and remnants in one place.

Hello AtomicSnowflake and Lanolin;

lol!

Egyptian women during the Old Testament times were educated, many were prosperous and had more liberties than Hebrew women. Supposedly they were equal to men under their laws and but in reality they were not really equal because Egyptian men divorced their wives more than woman divorced their husbands. Perhaps its because Egyptian women slept for periods of time daily and jobs were not abundant for women so they were not quick to leave their husbands.

I don't believe they were lazy or boring.

Hebrew women were always hard workers, mid-wives and good cooks. Their family lines were wealthy, but the father had ownership of his daughter so he had to release her when she got married. They were not as educated as men except when Moses, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob taught the Hebrew woman about God. They were attentive students.

I don't believe they were lively because they were "managed" more by Hebrew men.

My question is, were Hebrew women truly happy with their men?

Perhaps the pyramids were useless to the Hebrews but not the Egyptians. It was like an ancient mall. They could keep all their valuables, plunder and remnants in one place.
Um Im not sure the answer to your question Bobinfaith. I guess Miriam wasnt too happy with Moses at one point because he didnt marry a Hebrew lady.
But God kind of disciplined her for making unkind comments.

Um Im not sure the answer to your question Bobinfaith. I guess Miriam wasnt too happy with Moses at one point because he didnt marry a Hebrew lady.
But God kind of disciplined her for making unkind comments.

True about Miriam in Numbers 12. Actually I was answering your previous question and comment regarding Hebrew and Egyptian women, and sharing a light exegesis, historical and cultural background of Biblical times.

April 1-7
60. Numbers 14-15; Psalm 90
61. Numbers 16-17
62. Numbers 18-20
63. Numbers 21-22
64. Numbers 23-25
65. Numbers 26-27
66. Numbers 28-30

April 8-14
67. Numbers 31-32
68. Numbers 33-34
69. Numbers 35-36
70. Deuteronomy 1-2
71. Deuteronomy 3-4
72. Deuteronomy 5-7
73. Deuteronomy 8-10

April 15-21
74. Deuteronomy 11-13
75. Deuteronomy 14-16
76. Deuteronomy 17-20
77. Deuteronomy 21-23
78. Deuteronomy 24-27
79. Deuteronomy 28-29
80. Deuteronomy 30-31

April 22-28
81. Deuteronomy 32-34; Psalm 91
82. Joshua 1-4
83. Joshua 5-8
84. Joshua 9-11
85. Joshua 12-15
86. Joshua 16-18
87. Joshua 19-21

April 29- 30
88. Joshua 22-24
89. Judges 1-2

May 1-7
90. Judges 3-5
91. Judges 6-7
92. Judges 8-9
93. Judges 10-12
94. Judges 13-15
95. Judges 16-18
96. Judges 19-21

My sincere appologies for not keeping this updated for April. It was a busy month due to work... so needless to say I have alot catching up to do! (please disregard those numbers to the left side, it's just for day number of the year/plan.. )

Back