Apostolic Succession

1Co 14:2 For he who speaks in an unknown tongue is not speaking to men, but to God; for no one understands him. Yet in the Spirit he is speaking secret truths. (WNT)

Talking about "tongues", and quoting "scripture" are two different things.

God bless yu brother as you continue to work hard to make your opinions acceptable. However it is a well known Bible fact that the word "unknown" is italitized in the chapter at hand and was added by the translators.

I am sorry you did not know that fact as it confirms exactly what I said.

If a man speaks in a language that "no one understands him" is that not an unknown tounge?
For if it is known then they would be understood.
In truth did the "ignorant and unlearned men" who spoke in tounges on the day of Pentecost was the langauges they spoke known to them? Not at al.
Yet those who heard them understood it in their own langauges .
Yet "in the Spirit he speaketh mysteries " How be it then can they be known unless there is an (true) interpreter.?

in Christ
gerald

1 Corinthians 14:2 (for just one out of several references)
For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

As it was approached by CCW95A, it is appropriate.

Makes absolutly not difference to me. I just quoted what the rules say.

Now that you have by passed them by, I can say that speaking with tongues then as today drew more attention than the plain interpretation of Scripture as it gratified pride more, but promoted the purposes of Christian charity less; it would not equally do good to the souls of men. What cannot be understood, never can edify.

1Co 14:2 For he who speaks in an unknown tongue is not speaking to men, but to God; for no one understands him. Yet in the Spirit he is speaking secret truths. (WNT)

Talking about "tongues", and quoting "scripture" are two different things.

In every occurrence of "unknown tongue," in the New Testament, the word "unknown" is an added word (italicized in the KJV) by the translators to make the English readable. It is not in the Manuscripts!
In the King James Bible you see some words in italics. These are words that they had to add to properly translate the Hebrew/Greek into English. As we can see, they did not always add the right words. But they were faithful in that they placed the words that they added in italics so that we would know that the words do not appear in the original Manuscripts as such.

Back