Are There Secular Programs That May Aid You In Your Ministry?

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Dear brothers and sisters;

I understand for many Christians they shun secular shows, movies and music and will only watch Christian based shows with substance. I do understand.

However, there is a program I have been watching for a little over a year called Judge Judy. It was a reality, televised courtroom show that aired for 25 years (1996 - 2021) as Judge Judy arbitrated small-claims cases. Though she brought a foundation of truth, fair justice and did not allow lying or cursing in her courtroom, Judge Judy would bring justice to civil cases. Again, this show is not Christian based.

The cases involved people suing people, families against families, husband againsts wives, parent (children) against children (parents), suing over the most immoral situations in day to day relations and business.

I consider this show secular with no Christian message. But from watching it I get a perspective of the immorals and injustice that co-exist in day to day life of people. The cases would result in a winner and loser, but no forgiveness or reconciliation.

When watching this show I think of passages in the Bible regarding human relations and the challenges we go through in life and people. It actually helps me ask myself, how would I handle my own relationships and how would I approach ministering to others in extreme troublesome circumstances that involve others.

I'd love to know if there is a show that may not be Christian based but may aid you in your ministry?

God bless you all.

Dear brothers and sisters;

I understand for many Christians they shun secular shows, movies and music and will only watch Christian based shows with substance. I do understand.

However, there is a program I have been watching for a little over a year called Judge Judy. It was a reality, televised courtroom show that aired for 25 years (1996 - 2021) as Judge Judy arbitrated small-claims cases. Though she brought a foundation of truth, fair justice and did not allow lying or cursing in her courtroom, Judge Judy would bring justice to civil cases. Again, this show is not Christian based.

The cases involved people suing people, families against families, husband againsts wives, parent (children) against children (parents), suing over the most immoral situations in day to day relations and business.

I consider this show secular with no Christian message. But from watching it I get a perspective of the immorals and injustice that co-exist in day to day life of people. The cases would result in a winner and loser, but no forgiveness or reconciliation.

When watching this show I think of passages in the Bible regarding human relations and the challenges we go through in life and people. It actually helps me ask myself, how would I handle my own relationships and how would I approach ministering to others in extreme troublesome circumstances that involve others.

I'd love to know if there is a show that may not be Christian based but may aid you in your ministry?

God bless you all.

Brother Bob, quite insightful. Thank You.

Back