Are we God's friends?

God's_Child

Account Closed
Are we God's friends?

The Scripture tells us clearly in James 4:4

...know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

We all want to be God's friends. So, what do you mean by the friendship of the world??? What should we deny to be God's friends?

The friendship of the world is anything sinful that we love or participate in that is not of God~

Yes, Violet!
But what do you think about such things which maybe are not sinful (or do not seem sinful), but they are worldly. Such as un-christian music and movies?

We know that Jesus and the Father are One so if we are a friend to Jesus I would think that we are also a friend to God. Jesus speaking to his Disciples.

John 15:13-15
13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14You are my friends if you do what I command. 15I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you

Also as John 15:13 states "13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends" and did not Jesus lie down His life for us. Thankl you my Lord and Savior. (Friend)

God Father proved to us His unfailing love:
"For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life".
(Jn.3:16)
And we can show our love to Him through keeping His commandments:
"If ye love Me, keep My commandments".
(Jn.14:15)

God's_Child, Hi~
I believe that is up to the individual.
I am not one who can judge someone on those things.
I personally hate movie theatres and though my old church was against movies, that is not why I don't like them.
As for myself, I have to judge what is sinful in the world for me~we are IN the world but are not OF the world.
Some Christians don't believe in owning a T.V. and yet others find nothing wrong with it.
What I found ironic was that the church I belonged to that was dead against movie theatres was all for hanging out at the mall.
I see and hear more sinfulness at the mall than at a clean movie in a theatre!
I believe your heart tells you what is wrong, when you are truly serving the Lord!!

God's_Child, Hi~
I believe that is up to the individual.
I am not one who can judge someone on those things.
I personally hate movie theatres and though my old church was against movies, that is not why I don't like them.
As for myself, I have to judge what is sinful in the world for me~we are IN the world but are not OF the world.
Some Christians don't believe in owning a T.V. and yet others find nothing wrong with it.
What I found ironic was that the church I belonged to that was dead against movie theatres was all for hanging out at the mall.
I see and hear more sinfulness at the mall than at a clean movie in a theatre!
I believe your heart tells you what is wrong, when you are truly serving the Lord!!
Thanks, Violet!
I completely agree with you.
In support of your words I've found the following verces:

"But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him".
(1Jn.2:27)

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth..."
(Jn.16:13)

I am a friend of GOD! And oh how I love Him and rely upon Him and joy in the time I spend in prayer with Him...

I think people sometimes get confused about "not being of the world." Of course, we must live in the world, but we don't have to do the things that are not godly while we on this earth.

Does that mean we should only associate with others who know God? Of course not! How else will we reach those who don't yet know Him??

As for what movies a person can watch, and what music they can listen to, I think that is something each person is convicted on, on their own, with the Savior.

I don't think having interests outside of "strictly Christian" standards is "bad." I mean, I scrapbook, enjoy photography, camping, loving on my pets, going on walks, spending time with friends and family, and things such as that which don't fit strictly into any "God activity box," (as if there is one), but I believe that a Christian can carry God with them everywhere they go, and more than that, OUGHT TO!!!

However, there is something to be said for what goes in your head, comes out your mouth, and sometimes seeps into your soul. I think we do have to be careful about what we listen to, and how we react to others, because of this, and also because whether or not we always like, we are reflections of God alive in us, to everyone we come across, all the time.

I guess this is a slightly contradicting post. Hmm... It's a fine line between being of the world and living in the world.

I am convinced that as far as God warns about the world being ally with, that only the spiritual is of fondness for God, meaning that spiritualness is a persevering to consentfulness rather that the world in itself without Godly consent to aid and aliment because God is not made mentioned like God should be mentioned as of for the worldly, being that any sort of ailment of the soul God amends so that the world does not recognize this in the manner of how to live productive clean undistorted lives, that man's philosophies are deserving only with God's divine grace, that the philosophy of man alone does not understand true intent .. For surely the Creator is not glorified in the worldly or better yet the mundane, meaning living life without good practice, rather good practice is the spiritual and man is perfected dedicated to the fondness of intents, that good deed is of God and of God alone .. For good deed is what humanity prefers to adore but verily fails to practice it significantly ..

What do you think ?

Back