As humble as the little child

As humble as the little child

At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.

(Matthew 18:1-5, NKJV)

Let us all be like little children in our faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. Sometimes we over-rationalize and over look His true grace. In our own arrogance in our knowledge, we do not trust Jesus with the true trust of a little child. True, we may believe in our trust, but we do not fully commit ourselves to it. So blessed be the one does humble himself as such.

Let us follow our Lord and Savior for ever and ever and ever, wherever this may lead us. Sometimes the simple things are the most important...so trust in Him. :cross:

Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

(Matthew 24:35, NKJV)

The things of this world are only temporary, but our Father in Heaven is for ever. When we invest in the stock market, do we put our life savings in the stock that seems good right now, or the stock that is proven and has performed well for a very long time? It is not a difficult decision for the wise investor.

We must be similar in our faith in Jesus Christ. There will be temptations by the devil in this world to draw us away from Christ, but we must look to the long run and see that the worldly pleasures will surely pass away. Let us invest in the spiritual and not the physical... Will you invest in our Lord tonight?

“Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see these things happening, know that it is near—at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

(Mark 13:28-31, The Parable of the Fig Tree, NKJV)

Jesus likens His coming to a fig tree. When we see the leaves coming from the branches of the fig tree, we can therefore know that summer approaches. Similarily we can know of His second coming by watching closely. Only by true, pure faith can we be saved.

Then He touched their eyes, saying, “According to your faith let it be to you.”

(Matthew 9:29, NKJV)

So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.

(Matthew 17:20, NKJV)

And He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction.”

(Mark 5:34, NKJV)

Then Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your faith has made you well.” And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus on the road.

(Mark 10:52, NKJV)

So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.

(Mark 11:22-23, NKJV)

When He saw their faith, He said to him, “Man, your sins are forgiven you.”

(Luke 5:20, NKJV)

When Jesus heard these things, He marveled at him, and turned around and said to the crowd that followed Him, “I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!”

(Luke 7:9, NKJV)

Then He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you. Go in peace.”

(Luke 7:50, NKJV)

And He said to her, “Daughter, be of good cheer; your faith has made you well. Go in peace.”

(Luke 8:48, NKJV)

And He said to him, “Arise, go your way. Your faith has made you well.”

(Luke 17:19, NKJV)

Then Jesus said to him, “Receive your sight; your faith has made you well.”

(Luke 18:42, NKJV)

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

(Romans 1:16-17, NKJV)

We are threatened to be overwhelmed by sin, and temptation, and all worldly pleasures that lead us away from the LORD God, but if we remain faithful, we may rest in assurance of our salvation.

Remain alert always.

“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is. It is like a man going to a far country, who left his house and gave authority to his servants, and to each his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to watch. Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming—in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning— lest, coming suddenly, he find you sleeping. And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!”

(Mark 13:32-37, NKJV)

When the world invests its faith in the things of this world and then persecutes the righteous for their beliefs, I say to them:

You can have all this world, but please give me Jesus.

Let us pray this tonight. :rolleyes:

Awesome post Azarias! When a child holds his arms up to mom or dad he expects to be picked up- there is no question in his mind. When a child gets hurt he runs to mom or dad and expects them to make it better- again no doubt there. Child like faith- trust that God is there for us and willing to help in every way- that is truly the key to a peaceful heart and a rich full life.

Azarias... Thankyou for that. Lots of thoughts and sound advice. Blessings to you.

Numbers6.jpg

Back