Attacked in a Dream

***SOME GRAPHIC DETAILS BELOW ABOUT MY DREAM. DON’T READ IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW***

I had the worst dream of my life last night. I feel it’s important to share the details to get it off my chest and so people understand the absolute fear, pain, and hopelessness of my dream. If mods disagree, please feel free to edit or delete my post.

I dreamt I was in hell being tormented by three demons. No matter how much I tried to fight them, I couldn’t do anything. They laughed at me, mocked me, and told me all of the horrible tortures they were going to do to me. At one point, I managed to run away but the littlest one quickly caught me and overpowered me even though I’m a big guy. I was tied to a dentist chair with dirty water dripping on me as they pulled my teeth out one at a time. They eventually decided to rip my whole lower jaw out and proceeded to cut open my torso with a scalpel from chest to abdomen. They laughed at my pain and informed me I’d be put back together again after they rip me apart piece by piece. After being put back together again, they would rip me to pieces again in a never ending cycle.

I have vivid dreams and this felt so real, I was convinced I may have died in my sleep and was doomed. When I woke up, I immediately prayed profusely and read John chapter 1 as that is what my Bible app was on when I started it up.

I’ve had dreams where I felt I was under spiritual attack before but this felt on a whole other level. Has anyone ever experienced one this intense? Also, I would greatly appreciate some prayer!

I can identify.

this happens to me too sometimes. I dread them.

I don't know the answer, but know your not alone.

praying for you...hoping someone can explain this phenomenon. (my last one was after listening to a famous christian preacher. he ended up in my dream and together we were trying to escape and fighting zombies. I woke up with intense pain cursing through my body,,,no idea what happened.

It’s nice to know I’m not alone. I’ve had dreams where I feel spiritually attacked before and it’s usually when I’m reading my Bible more and really getting into the Word. So I take it as the evil one trying to dissuade me from continuing in my reading and increased prayer. Of course, that just makes me read, study, and pray even more.

But this dream was beyond anything I’ve had before.

From what my brother-in-law, Bubba said, dreaming usually happens while you are sleeping. But, in his case, he day dreams at work, too - and for a welder, that can be a bit dangerous. He once welded his steel toe boot to a metal support he was working on and had to hop half way across the shop to get a grinder to release his boot.

But, if y'all want some scripture to fall back on, take a look at Ephesians 6:10-18 (NLT)for some comfort

"10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. 12 For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. 14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. 15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. 16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. 17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere."

Though it must have been a terrifying experience I think you can consider yourself blessed.
The flip side being - no experience - no opportunity.
Jesus said his church is built on revelation.

***SOME GRAPHIC DETAILS BELOW ABOUT MY DREAM. DON’T READ IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW***
I had the worst dream of my life last night. I feel it’s important to share the details to get it off my chest and so people understand the absolute fear, pain, and hopelessness of my dream. If mods disagree, please feel free to edit or delete my post. I dreamt I was in hell being tormented by three demons. No matter how much I tried to fight them, I couldn’t do anything. They laughed at me, mocked me, and told me all of the horrible tortures they were going to do to me. At one point, I managed to run away but the littlest one quickly caught me and overpowered me even though I’m a big guy. I was tied to a dentist chair with dirty water dripping on me as they pulled my teeth out one at a time. They eventually decided to rip my whole lower jaw out and proceeded to cut open my torso with a scalpel from chest to abdomen. They laughed at my pain and informed me I’d be put back together again after they rip me apart piece by piece. After being put back together again, they would rip me to pieces again in a never ending cycle. I have vivid dreams and this felt so real, I was convinced I may have died in my sleep and was doomed. When I woke up, I immediately prayed profusely and read John chapter 1 as that is what my Bible app was on when I started it up.
I’ve had dreams where I felt I was under spiritual attack before but this felt on a whole other level. Has anyone ever experienced one this intense? Also, I would greatly appreciate some prayer!

Hello Skipper;

Thank the Lord for the supportive posts you received in this thread, and I'm also joining everyone in prayer for you.

I'm not a dream expert but in my personal experience I do know dark dreams can rob you, waking up tired and not feeling refreshed.

Men and women have shared with me in the ministry that after they quit their vices of drinking and doing drugs they would experience very dark dreams. It was an outlet in their minds because after they quit their vices, their bodies were still looking for the fix. I'm not suggesting this is your case, just what I observed in helping these people.

You did the right thing by praying and reading Scripture after a bad dream.

I have shared this before at Christian Forum Site; In my own experience of bad, scary and unhappy dreams, I found that reading the Bible at night (not rushing and reading attentively) before I go to sleep helps me minimize bad dreams and thoughts.

In my prayers I lay this at the Lord's feet. I don't feel this is coming from God, therefore, these dreams will not bless me and will hinder my spirit. I rebuke Satan in the name of Jesus Christ;

Luke 9:1, Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

James 4:7, 7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Finally, dear Father in Heaven, fill my thoughts and dreams of You, my wife and loved ones, in Jesus Name, amen.

Skipper, I also have battled with dark dreams and thoughts, coming and going for some time, and what I shared are my spiritual tools regarding my life. It takes discipline but for me God has delivered me and have peace and calm most every day now.

I want to mention that I cannot control my dreams, but these spiritual tools has helped me. Praise Him for His protection.

We're all praying for you, brother. God bless you and your whole family.

Hello Skipper;

Thank the Lord for the supportive posts you received in this thread, and I'm also joining everyone in prayer for you.

I'm not a dream expert but in my personal experience I do know dark dreams can rob you, waking up tired and not feeling refreshed.

Men and women have shared with me in the ministry that after they quit their vices of drinking and doing drugs they would experience very dark dreams. It was an outlet in their minds because after they quit their vices, their bodies were still looking for the fix. I'm not suggesting this is your case, just what I observed in helping these people.

You did the right thing by praying and reading Scripture after a bad dream.

I have shared this before at Christian Forum Site; In my own experience of bad, scary and unhappy dreams, I found that reading the Bible at night (not rushing and reading attentively) before I go to sleep helps me minimize bad dreams and thoughts.

In my prayers I lay this at the Lord's feet. I don't feel this is coming from God, therefore, these dreams will not bless me and will hinder my spirit. I rebuke Satan in the name of Jesus Christ;

Luke 9:1, Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

James 4:7, 7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Finally, dear Father in Heaven, fill my thoughts and dreams of You, my wife and loved ones, in Jesus Name, amen.

Skipper, I also have battled with dark dreams and thoughts, coming and going for some time, and what I shared are my spiritual tools regarding my life. It takes discipline but for me God has delivered me and have peace and calm most every day now.

I want to mention that I cannot control my dreams, but these spiritual tools has helped me. Praise Him for His protection.

We're all praying for you, brother. God bless you and your whole family.

Welcome to realville "skipper".

Everyone has dreams. Some good and some bad and some terrifying.

Understand that dreams come from our mind not turning off....some of the foods we eat and sometimes from the meds we take.
From what I have read on this, scientists believe that when we dream we Consolidate memories and our brains process emotions and express some of our deepest thoughts.

Many experts believe that we dream due to a combination of these reasons rather than any one particular theory. Additionally, while many researchers believe that dreaming is essential to mental, emotional, and physical well-being, some scientists suggest that dreams serve no real purpose at all.

Welcome to realville "skipper".

Everyone has dreams. Some good and some bad and some terrifying.

Understand that dreams come from our mind not turning off....some of the foods we eat and sometimes from the meds we take.
From what I have read on this, scientists believe that when we dream we Consolidate memories and our brains process emotions and express some of our deepest thoughts.

Many experts believe that we dream due to a combination of these reasons rather than any one particular theory. Additionally, while many researchers believe that dreaming is essential to mental, emotional, and physical well-being, some scientists suggest that dreams serve no real purpose at all.
I’m not really sure why you felt the need to be condescending but I’ve been in “realville” all my life.

I’m a psychologist and am aware of current theories of how the mind works and theories on the purpose of dreams.

But I’m a Christian first and am very aware of the spiritual battle that occurs throughout every facet of our lives. Acknowledging spiritual attacks is the epitome of “realville.”

I’m not really sure why you felt the need to be condescending but I’ve been in “realville” all my life.

I’m a psychologist and am aware of current theories of how the mind works and theories on the purpose of dreams.

But I’m a Christian first and am very aware of the spiritual battle that occurs throughout every facet of our lives. Acknowledging spiritual attacks is the epitome of “realville.”

Excuse me. I had not intended to make you feel threatened.

Blessing to you and be safe.

Hello Skipper
Reading your stuff. Let me ask you a question.
From a Christian point of view do you think 'intellectual strength or disciplines' assist in recognizing spiritual battles? Would you tie that into a 'gift - 'revelation'?

Moderator Note: This thread has been reported by several members. For the time being, this thread is being closed and the content is under review. This thread may or may not be reopened because of participant behavior and several Rules issues that are being reviewed.

Moderator Note: The contents of this thread has been reviewed. It is now being opened again, but we caution all participants to re-read Forum Rule 3.2d. Any additional issues with that Rule in this thread, will close the thread permanently.

Thank you for your cooperation.

i have wild dreams a lot mainly about my old way of life .i wake up and tell the Lord not sure where that come from .but that is not what i want sometimes i have dreams about other people i have known some are really way out there. i just move on go about as i have no control over what i dream.

i have wild dreams a lot mainly about my old way of life .i wake up and tell the Lord not sure where that come from .but that is not what i want sometimes i have dreams about other people i have known some are really way out there. i just move on go about as i have no control over what i dream.
Yes, me too. The way I figure it, we cannot control our dreams, so best to shake is off and move on.
Rtm

Yes, me too. The way I figure it, we cannot control our dreams, so best to shake is off and move on.
Rtm
I agree and that’s normally what I do but this one is hard to shake.

Out of curiosity, if you had a pleasant dream that involved spirituality, would you consider that to possibly be of divine origin or would you also let it go and move on?

if you had a pleasant dream that involved spirituality, would you consider that to possibly be of divine origin or would you also let it go and move on?
there are Godly visions some come to past some are in the distance . i have no doubt to some degree the devil will use wild dreams . that is the warfare. but i do not think HE THE devil can cause the bad dreams. i dont think anyone can explain all the bad dreams. but some are created due to our activates a seed has to be planted in our mind. kids have bad dreams due to abuse experienced or seen

I agree and that’s normally what I do but this one is hard to shake.

Out of curiosity, if you had a pleasant dream that involved spirituality, would you consider that to possibly be of divine origin or would you also let it go and move on?
That's is an interesting question.

I would wake up feeling good and then move one. If one has a divine origin, then the other could be un-divine origins, right?

Back