Awake Oh Sleeper!

Awake Oh Sleeper!

The Lord is calling out to wake His people up in this season. The church has fallen asleep, especially in recent years. We can see by the events everyday that time is running out and we are in the last hour. It’s like seeing the clock getting closer to midnight and too many are unaware. It will be too late for them. So many think everything is alright even though they seem to be complacent. Soon they will see they must put prayer, the Word and seeking God first. Some will be overwhelmed in the coming days if they don't.

Matthew 25:1Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. 6And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. 10And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. 11Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. 12But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. 13Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

It said "they all slumbered and slept".Not just 5 of them. They all heard His voice when He called and woke up and they all thought they were going with Him. They only had enough oil that they could hear Him but yet they didn't even know they didn't have enough to enter in. We may hang around with others that have lots of oil but we can't get it from them, we have to get it for ourselves.

Romans 13:11And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. 12The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. 13Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. 14But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof.

Ephesians 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. 15See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, 16Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. 18And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 19Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord.

How can we keep from slumbering, having the light of Christ in our lives and walk as we should in these evil days? How do we get more oil? When we're like the 5 wise ones in Matthew 25 and be filled with the Spirit, filled to overflowing in worship to the Lord. When we are filled with the oil of His Spirit that oil makes our lamp burn bright with the light of Jesus and it won't go out. Keep the Spirit flowing through you. If the oil is low there will only be a flicker and will go out instead of being a burning flame. Keep that passion for the Lord a blazing fire.

Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost

I personally know people who prayed in the spirit many years ago but don't now. They are not on fire for God like before although some do go to church and tries to live a good live. They aren’t overcoming the carnal life. The only way to stay strong in these last days is to pray. The five foolish virgins were caught unaware. Pray in the spirit.

The foolish virgins were deceived. They thought they were ready, but Jesus told them "I know you not". You can meet someone but still not know them yet. This is speaking of an intimate relationship. And that has to be developed. The only way to get to know a person is spend time with them. Its not saying, hello nice to meet you. Its not staying, standing in the doorway or even coming into the living room, the outer courts. But its coming into the Holy of Holies, the secret place, where you are alone with the love of your life. Not going in to complain, beg and ask for things, but a place to give Him your love and receive His love. That's how to develop intimacy. We are all busy, but if we are too busy to spend that time with Him, seeking His face, not His hand, then we are just too busy. And its not the 'religious' busyness alot of Christians and ministers get into, but a more personal relationship.

Jesus was speaking to the Church at Ephesus in Revelation 2:4, not the world, when he said, "thou hast left thy first love". If Jesus isn't the priority in our daily life then He's not our first love and He's not Lord, other things are; because to be Lord, He is first. Anything that comes before God is an idol. When you are in love with someone you would rather be with them and talk to them than anyone else, no question about that. We all need to take inventory and see if we need to return to our first love.

The Lord was calling out to wake His people up. The church has fallen asleep, especially in recent years. We can see by the events everyday that time is running out and we are in the last hour. It’s like seeing the clock getting closer to midnight and too many are unaware. It will be too late for them. So many think everything is alright even though they seem to be complacent. Soon they will see they must put prayer, the Word and seeking God first. Some will be overwhelmed in the coming days if they don't.

I have been around for a long time ( am a senior ) and am very disheartened to see all that is happening in our countries ... We have actually swung the pendulim to the opposite side ... gone from one extreme to the other.

2 Timothy 3:5
having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

On my four short term mission trips , I saw more hunger and thirst for the gospel that here. People actually ran after us to get a track. The I saw them in the doorways of their tiny shacks reading the tracks and none was found thrown to the ground.

Above the house where we were staying was a church that met on the roof and we were kept awake by people sing , praising and praying all night . What a wake up call . We would not see that here.

Definately, and I say this respectfully cause it does not pertain to all, churches , our churches need revival and a fresh annointing of the Holy Spirit ot when Jesus comes there will be a lot of people who had the name Christian but did not really know Christ .

If a person is just a spectator and not a participator in their Christian life they are asleep. They may think they are living the life. Its not just 'going to church' hearing the preacher, even though we are told we should not forsake the assembling together. But its our relationship with the Lord daily. James say be a doer of the word.

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Luke 21:34And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.35For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

We can't get so caught up in the things of this life that the things of God take a back seat. With so many changes happening and many more to come soon, I believe, some will be shaken out of their slumber , but sad to say many won't.

Ephesians 5:1Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; 2And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling savour. 3But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; 4Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. 5For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. 7Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

The love of this world, the greed and idolaty, which is putting anything before God, is choking out the Word. Then we wonder why the church has no power and how they mistreat each others. They aren't able to walk in love anymore. Its only in spending time in the presence of the Lord that we are changed and that keeps us on fire for Him.

In 1 Peter 1:16 it says "Be ye holy; for I am holy." If we walk in the Spirit, we won't fulfill the lust of the flesh.

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

If our spirit is awake to Him, we will follow the Spirit.

Back