Azusa Street Revival

Alternatively, I think it was because we exchanged the development of the new nature through trust relationship with the Father for a pursuit of "morals"

when it becomes about what we do . it is no longer about Him .

To a point I suppose this is true . We can see the young people wanting to emulate the people in Holliwood and the moral decay that their life has supported and the media , TV and movies .

I can see it creeping into the church as I am appalled at some of the dress of these young girls . It seems like there is no one telling them about modesty .

I am sickened and sadened.

Dusty,

No doubt what you have mentioned has affected me also but Jesus has sobered me to some points i took from the scriptures .

the increase of iniquity does two things

1) In some it shuts their hearts off .
2) In some it strengthens their Spirit that overcome .

Remember Jesus hung out with tax collectors and prostitutes and was called their friend .

If those morals are according to what the Lord says pleases Him, then it is about Him. This isn't about legalism, but we do what pleases Him out of love for Him

John 14:23
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

I do understand and see where you are going with this but I also think because of the immorality in our society , it has also crept into the church and really does not have to do with legalism. It is the moral decay .

Sorry if I am misinterpreting this . I also know there are many who come to church out of what they think responsibility without real love for the Lord .

Dusty,

No doubt what you have mentioned has affected me also but Jesus has sobered me to some points i took from the scriptures .

Remember Jesus hung out with tax collectors and prostitutes and was called their friend .

That's true, but it does sicken my heart to see how some people are so flippant about the way they present themselves to God.

Yes, He accepts us JUST THE WAY we are; however I believe we should "present our bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is our reasonable service" (Romans 12:1).

Dusty,

Yah .... I might emphase that about the taxcollectors and prostitutes but what I was talking about was the morality in the church itself . I am not denying the fact of where Jesus hung out .

Yes, we need to get involved in these people's lives for sure but not every one has that special calling . I myself go downtown and minister and do pray walks on Church Street ( and you know what that community is ) Not every one can do that but I have seen lives transformed by the power of Jesus and also have a missionary friend who has now been out of that lifestye for many years and has been a misssionary in D. R. for 16 years .

I'll agree with both InHisLove and Dusty that we are to be an example to everyone else . Since it is God's love and Kindness that transforms our lives and gives us the desire to not live as we once did . i'd also say to not be too hard on people and let God do His transformative work in people's life at His pace . this way the personality is preseverved in the process . had to learn that the hard way . i was way too hungry to be changed . and really the change came . but .. something's missing . you know? hm or maybe not . God knows what He's doing but i'm such a freak . ;) :p :D

In the D.R. eh? cool .

I'll agree with both InHisLove and Dusty that we are to be an example to everyone else . Since it is God's love and Kindness that transforms our lives and gives us the desire to not live as we once did . i'd also say to not be too hard on people and let God do His transformative work in people's life at His pace . this way the personality is preseverved in the process . had to learn that the hard way . i was way too hungry to be changed . and really the change came . but .. something's missing . you know? hm or maybe not . God knows what He's doing but i'm such a freak . ;) :p :D

In the D.R. eh? cool .

That's right Michael . We cannot do it on our own but with God all things are possible .

Yes the Holy Spirit is a Gentleman and as we get to know Him more we become aware that it is only , He who does the transforming . We are just the messenger . The Holy Spirit will do His work .

Yes it is very difficult with these people but Jesus never gave up on me and He will not give up on them . We need to befreind them , not in a condeming, condescending way and they will begin to trust us as they see the love of Jesus in us and are drawn to His love. It is a long process but a very worthwhile one . These are very deeply hurting people .

i'd also say to not be too hard on people and let God do His transformative work in people's life at His pace .
Amen

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven" (Ecclesiastes 3:1).

Everything in GOD's timing; not ours.

thumbsusu.gif

That's true, but it does sicken my heart to see how some people are so flippant about the way they present themselves to God.

Yes, He accepts us JUST THE WAY we are; however I believe we should "present our bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is our reasonable service" (Romans 12:1).

:amen: I agree

GodSpeaks said:
In 1970 a revival broke out in Asbury College in Wilmore, Kentucky, on Tuesday 3 February 1970. The regular morning chapel commencing at 10 o'clock saw God move on the students in such a way that many came weeping to the front to kneel in repentance, others gave testimonies including confession of sin, and all this was mixed with spontaneous singing. Lectures were cancelled for the day as the auditorium filled with over 1,000 people. Few left for meals. By midnight over 500 still remained praying and worshipping. Several hundred committed their lives to Christ that day.

Here is a video about this. Real interesting

Lord let Your holy fire from heaven fall on us like on the day of Pentecost. Send your Spirit like a rushing might wind! This world is in such need of a move of God and revival again so Your Chursh will be restored and ablaze with your love and power as it once was!

Back