Baptism

Two disciples once asked Jesus if they could sit on His right and left side in heaven. Jesus responded by asking if they could endure the baptism that He expected for Himself. They responded that they could and Jesus confirmed that they would be baptized in a similar fashion. We know that James (one of the two) was run through later on.

When Jesus talked about His own baptism He was most often referring to the trials ahead of Him, and not to His water baptism by John the Baptist. From what scripture shows us Jesus dreaded the trials He had coming and warned us of the trials and hardships that would come in our own lives.

Before the Israelites were brought to the Promised Land they went through forty years of chastisement and wilderness living.

The crucifixion came before the Pentecost.

In "The Revelation" we are told how to bring ourselves and the church to God and how to correct our relationship with Jesus before we are given any details of the things to come.

We will be refined by trial and pain in this life. Enduring those trials (as Jesus did) in the power of God and for the glory of God is what proves our faith. We will be ridiculed and insulted. In some cases we will be physically hurt and/or killed for living and sharing our faith. We will definitely have to face the fact that many people will not turn to Jesus. The sad fact is that most people will hear the gospel and reject Jesus.

It is incredibly painful when someone that we care about rejects Him and turns away from Jesus, blinded and driven by their own fears and desires from the love and redemption of Jesus, but before we begin to worry about what is going to happen to us or to those we love we must first go to Jesus. We must follow and serve Him. He will take care of all the details that we think are so important and those details that never even occur to us to think about. Our task is to follow Jesus.

We are freaks and we do not fit in this world. We are separated by God for a kingdom not yet here and for His glory.We above all people ever born were prayed for by Jesus. The Living Word interceded for us even before He shed His blood for our sin. He knew and told us of the hatred the world will have and has for us.
Mark 10:38-40, 16:16
Acts 12:1-2
Luke 9:57-62
John 14:27, 15:19, 17:9-26, 18:36

Thank you Eric.
It is a fact that we have to keep in our heads, we are hated because of Him, and will be in the future.
It will likely not get easier either, until He comes on the clouds.

Someone once told me something, I'm going to try not mess it up.
He said, in your salvation walk, if you are stuck walking around a mountain the whole time, God will allow it, but every time you have made a full circle He comes and stands before you, and if you chooses to walk around the mountain again, He allows you.
Of course, the option He wants you to take is to go to the top of the mountain with Him.
But you will have to walk around the mountain, until you are strong enough to make the decision to go up the mountain with Him.
Does that makes sense?
That process of walking around the mountain is your trials and fire.

Reactions: Juk
He said, in your salvation walk, if you are stuck walking around a mountain the whole time, God will allow it, but every time you have made a full circle He comes and stands before you, and if you chooses to walk around the mountain again, He allows you.
Of course, the option He wants you to take is to go to the top of the mountain with Him.
But you will have to walk around the mountain, until you are strong enough to make the decision to go up the mountain with Him.
Does that makes sense?
That sounds familiar, but off...
I can't quite place it, but maybe something about going up more slowly as you go around?
That's just a guess.

11 of the apostles got martyred for their faith...only John lived to an old age. But im sure looking after Jesus mother was one of the reasons why..and caring for loved ones who depend completely on us can also be a trial. It takes everything youve got.

11 of the apostles got martyred for their faith...only John lived to an old age. But im sure looking after Jesus mother was one of the reasons why..and caring for loved ones who depend completely on us can also be a trial. It takes everything youve got.
I recall, John was in captivity for a while during those last times - Patmos. So I do not think taking care of mothers and such was really possible.
I also remembered that the Romans did try to kill him by poisoning him, but he survived - before being banished to Patmos.
I take he was "raptured" or whichever word you like to place there.

Didn't he take Mary with him? Don't know for sure but I think after Mary died he was then exiled to Patmos.

Two disciples once asked Jesus if they could sit on His right and left side in heaven. Jesus responded by asking if they could endure the baptism that He expected for Himself. They responded that they could and Jesus confirmed that they would be baptized in a similar fashion. We know that James (one of the two) was run through later on.

When Jesus talked about His own baptism He was most often referring to the trials ahead of Him, and not to His water baptism by John the Baptist. From what scripture shows us Jesus dreaded the trials He had coming and warned us of the trials and hardships that would come in our own lives.

Before the Israelites were brought to the Promised Land they went through forty years of chastisement and wilderness living.

The crucifixion came before the Pentecost.

In "The Revelation" we are told how to bring ourselves and the church to God and how to correct our relationship with Jesus before we are given any details of the things to come.

We will be refined by trial and pain in this life. Enduring those trials (as Jesus did) in the power of God and for the glory of God is what proves our faith. We will be ridiculed and insulted. In some cases we will be physically hurt and/or killed for living and sharing our faith. We will definitely have to face the fact that many people will not turn to Jesus. The sad fact is that most people will hear the gospel and reject Jesus.

It is incredibly painful when someone that we care about rejects Him and turns away from Jesus, blinded and driven by their own fears and desires from the love and redemption of Jesus, but before we begin to worry about what is going to happen to us or to those we love we must first go to Jesus. We must follow and serve Him. He will take care of all the details that we think are so important and those details that never even occur to us to think about. Our task is to follow Jesus.

We are freaks and we do not fit in this world. We are separated by God for a kingdom not yet here and for His glory.We above all people ever born were prayed for by Jesus. The Living Word interceded for us even before He shed His blood for our sin. He knew and told us of the hatred the world will have and has for us.
Mark 10:38-40, 16:16
Acts 12:1-2
Luke 9:57-62
John 14:27, 15:19, 17:9-26, 18:36
Thank you Eric.
It is a fact that we have to keep in our heads, we are hated because of Him, and will be in the future.
It will likely not get easier either, until He comes on the clouds.

Does that makes sense?

I heard this as well. The idea is as we walk around the mountain we grow in Him and in strength and when we get back we should have passed the test or trial or have humbled our selves to allow Him to change something and if NOT well around we go again.

I remember in my early years I thought I was stuck in one of thosde revolving doors and could not get out. lol
Nice post
Blessings
jim

Thank you Eric. I find much strength in knowing that
Jesus lives to make intercession for us... understanding
(by His own experience) the hatred of the world against
the God Who provides their only hope.

Jesus told peter when he is old they would tie him up and take him places where he did not want to go. I beleive lots of them were old.

Failing to go and take possession of the promise land caused them to wonder in the desert for forty years. Disobedience causes us to fail to enter into God's rest, and miss his blessings.

Heb 3:17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
Heb 3:19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Heb 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Failing to go and take possession of the promise land caused them to wonder in the desert for forty years. Disobedience causes us to fail to enter into God's rest, and miss his blessings.

Heb 3:17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
Heb 3:19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Heb 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
Heb 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Was it not their unbelief and murmering and complainng that kept them out. However those who trusted in what God said and spoke what God said went in. Kind of like modern day times wouldn't you say CCW with those who complain about all these faith people who propser becasue they know it is not of God because they dont prosper too. lol
Blessings CCW
Jim

It is true that those who did not trust God ,died in the wilderness.
It is the same way today , many do not trust God's word .
They want it to say something other than what is being said .
As Moses ,when he struck the rock and did not speak to the rock for water .
God did not allow him to enter the promised land .
We must do what God says or we will not enter the promised land of Heaven .
Many today add words to the Scriptures ,to make what they believe the truth.
We must ,rightly divide ,keep in context and use the words that the Holy Spirit put in the scriptures.
If we do not do what God has set forth , He will not bestow on us His Grace .
He will withdraw it from us just as He did to Israel in wilderness.

It is true that those who did not trust God ,died in the wilderness.
It is the same way today , many do not trust God's word .
They want it to say something other than what is being said .
As Moses ,when he struck the rock and did not speak to the rock for water .
God did not allow him to enter the promised land .
We must do what God says or we will not enter the promised land of Heaven .
Many today add words to the Scriptures ,to make what they believe the truth.
We must ,rightly divide ,keep in context and use the words that the Holy Spirit put in the scriptures.
If we do not do what God has set forth , He will not bestow on us His Grace .
He will withdraw it from us just as He did to Israel in wilderness.

You said.........
"Many today add words to the Scriptures ,to make what they believe the truth."

Amen! That's what we been telling you!

Was it not their unbelief and murmering and complainng that kept them out. However those who trusted in what God said and spoke what God said went in. Kind of like modern day times wouldn't you say CCW with those who complain about all these faith people who propser becasue they know it is not of God because they dont prosper too. lol
Blessings CCW
Jim

Yes......it was their unbelief!

Heb. 3:15-19.........
“As has just been said: “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion.” Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the desert? And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed? So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief”.

Unbelief shut the Israelites out of the promise land. They saw the mighty works of God for many years in the desert and chose disobedience instead of trusting the one who provided for them. In fact.....not another group of people in the history of humanity saw more of the power of God manifested than did the people who came out of Egypt and still they did not believe.

You said.........
"Many today add words to the Scriptures ,to make what they believe the truth."

Amen! That's what we been telling you!
Acts 2:38 baptism for the remission of sins
Acts 22:16 baptized to wash away sins .
Very clear text ,in context ,no added words .
For those of you who are reading.DO NOT follow those who must add words to the Scriptures to prove their beliefs.
Like ( Beleivers baptism ,Representive baptism ,faith ONLY ,beleivers prayer ,sinners prayer ,etc ,etc . )
Anyone who must add words ,is not teaching the truth of God's word .
Follow the posts and you will see who they are .
Study for yourself
Keep everything in context
RIGHTLY divideing God's word
Then and only then will you find the trutth !!!!

BAPTISM .
Why did the Holy Spirit put this word in the Scriptures , maybe to have something to talk about , maybe it is important ?
Did Phillip bring up baptism to the Enuch as he was telling him what was required to become a child of God OR did baptism come up afterwards, like ,maybe the Enuch said ,see here is some water let me show you that I am serious OR did Phillip say if you are serious and want to prove to me that you truly believe, when we find some water we can both get wet .

When Paul taught the jailer and his household , was baptism to wash away their sins a part of the teaching OR maybe Paul said to show me that you truly believe I want you and your household to all be baptized right now ,in the middle of the night .

On the day of Pentecost ,did Peter tell the 3000 to be baptized for the remission of their sins as the Holy Spirit says in this verse OR maybe Peter told the other apostles , lets see if we can get all 3000 to get wet today OR maybe it was because Peter ( being a fisherman by trade ) liked water so much that he just wanted to spend several hours in the water baptizing .
Acts 2:38 baptism for the remission of sins.
You must read ALL scriptures in their full context ,never add words or remove words to prove what you believe .
When words like , representative baptism ,beleivers baptism , faith only , sinners prayer , beleivers prayer are used to show someone's doctrine / beleifs they have added words that the Holy Spirit did not put in the scriptures.

Baptism will not save anyone , it is one of God's requirements to become a child of God , just like we must stay faithful to the end .
If we do God's will ,He is gracious and will by His precious Grace He will allow us to abide with Him in Heaven for ETERNITY.
Always be careful to rightly divide the scriptures and STUDY for yourself to find God's will.
NEVER just take or do what ANYONE tells your ,to be the truth and nothing but the truth .

Baptism will not save anyone , it is one of God's requirements to become a child of God

You may want to reword this. First you say baptism will not save anyone, then you say it's one of God's requirements. If baptism has nothing to do with our salvation (which I disagree with, as baptism and becoming saved go hand in hand - one cannot be saved without baptism as they have yet to crucify the old self to put on the new; Mark 2:22 says "no one pours new wine into old wineskins"), why does God command it for such? Is baptism not confessing that one is a sinner (1 John 1:9); that Jesus Christ is our Lord and savior and He was crucified for our sins and was raised on the third day (Matthew 27:32-56; Romans 10:9); with the blood of Christ, do we not have forgiveness of sins and are we not forgiven by the Father when we forgive others (Colossians 1:14; Matthew 6:14-15)?

I guess baptism can be viewed as a primer, yet still necessary for salvation. It's to help us to become ready to received the Spirit of God, but only after the aforementioned has taken place and our old self is crucified.

Acts 2:38 baptism for the remission of sins
Very clear text ,in context ,no added words .
For those of you who are reading.DO NOT follow those who must add words to the Scriptures to prove their beliefs.
Like ( Beleivers baptism ,Representive baptism ,faith ONLY ,beleivers prayer ,sinners prayer ,etc ,etc . )
Anyone who must add words ,is not teaching the truth of God's word .
Follow the posts and you will see who they are .
Study for yourself
Keep everything in context
RIGHTLY divideing God's word
Then and only then will you find the trutth !!!!

NO words ADDED but several LEFT OUT so as to fit YOUR idea and agenda which unfortunitly is not the correct dividing of the Word Of God.

You may want to reword this. First you say baptism will not save anyone, then you say it's one of God's requirements. If baptism has nothing to do with our salvation (which I disagree with, as baptism and becoming saved go hand in hand - one cannot be saved without baptism as they have yet to crucify the old self to put on the new; Mark 2:22 says "no one pours new wine into old wineskins"), why does God command it for such? Is baptism not confessing that one is a sinner (1 John 1:9); that Jesus Christ is our Lord and savior and He was crucified for our sins and was raised on the third day (Matthew 27:32-56; Romans 10:9); with the blood of Christ, do we not have forgiveness of sins and are we not forgiven by the Father when we forgive others (Colossians 1:14; Matthew 6:14-15)?

I guess baptism can be viewed as a primer, yet still necessary for salvation. It's to help us to become ready to received the Spirit of God, but only after the aforementioned has taken place and our old self is crucified.

Not so my brother. Baptism is an act through which we get wet with water.

Salvation is when we BELIEVE upon the Lord Jesus Christ and then we follow in believers baptism so as to identify with His death, burial and resurrection. We are not baptized in order to be saved but instead we are baptized BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN SAVED!!!

Please read Romans 6:3-4.......
"Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life."

Back