bc and ad

smellycat

Account Closed
bc and ad

these events caused the world to heve dates.(bc) before christ,(ad) after died.all people knew that Jesus had come.who else could turn a time.?could you do it.?who can count down then up?

The ancient Romans counted years from the founding of Rome (on our calendar, 753 BC) and the Greeks counted years (I believe) from the year of the first Olympic games. Neither of these, though, is so monumental as the birth of our Savior.:)

When I hear people talk about "C.E." and "B.C.E.", which are supposed to mean "common era" and "before common era," I think to myself "Christian era" and "before Christian era":D

seems common sense before christ,then after died.

No, A.D. stands for Anno Domini, which means year of the Lord.

The year 1 A.D. was supposed to be the year Jesus was born, but the monk who came up with the system was actually off by a few years. It is more likely that Jesus was born sometime between 6-4 B.C.

why would before christ and after died be wrong?

Because before christ and after death would leave a 30-year space with no years. The person who came up with this system did so when Latin was the language of scholars, and so came up with a system in Latin.

In some old movies, ou'll hear an inrtoduction with "Year of our Lord 1665" or some such year, and that is a translation of the Latin phrase.

nope peter said you are the christ,and he said only the father would tell you that,things happened very quickly then.

makes perfect sense a star is not a star until people know there a star.

If a tree falls in a forest, and there's no one around to hear it, does it still make a sound? Of course it does! God would still be God even if no one worshipped Him. The term Christ means "anointed one". An anointment in the OT was always accomplished with oil, not mre words. No word can save, but the Word.

or even john.he baptised a fully grown man,use your brain.God does things for a reason.
Ye,s but these are by the power of God. No man can do such things unless God lets him. The Gospels are often highly symbolic, but Jesus was the Messiah from the very moment of His conception.

Back