Be clothed with Humility

Be Clothed With Humility
And be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
– 1 Peter 5:5
igCW-fNDKUEOjISjt8d8y_2p7T-ziHUmreoqtHcVihGKAo_X1prOoqR7J9Oo0eYmCyAzYRwJ4Cv8v2aPiG6_g31xuhxo20Rpm5ydDoZyBIIkP_8TBvCAjcmwf0NnLLLIdOyDWg=s0-d-e1-ft

Most believers don't know anything about true humility. If you tell them they're the righteousness of God, they'll fight to keep from believing it. You can give them scripture references to prove it, and they'll still argue.

"Oh no," they'll say, "I'm not righteous. I'm just an old sinner saved by grace." They're making a sincere attempt to be humble. But they're sincerely wrong. They're so afraid of being exalted by pride that they've let Satan trick them into falling right into it.

Let me show you what I mean. According to 1 Peter 5:5-6, to be truly humble is to submit to God. That means when God says something, you believe it no matter how foreign to your "religious" thinking it may be. When He says you've been made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, you say that too. In fact, you wouldn't dare say anything else because to do so would be to dare to disagree with God. And, when you get right down to it, that's the ultimate form of pride, isn't it?

Don't let Satan keep you groveling in the dust of false humility. Agree with God. Find out what His Word says about you, then be bold enough to say it yourself. Banish pride by submitting to His truth. Clothe yourself in true humility. It's sure to look good on you.
igCW-fNDKUEOjISjt8d8y_2p7T-ziHUmreoqtHcVihGKAo_X1prOoqR7J9Oo0eYmCyAzYRwJ4Cv8v2aPiG6_g31xuhxo20Rpm5ydDoZyBIIkP_8TBvCAjcmwf0NnLLLIdOyDWg=s0-d-e1-ft

Scripture Reading: 1 Peter 5:5-11

© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

Amen and another false humility,
Just let me have just enough to survive .
We don't need much but this ol broken down life and some scraps.

That's not being humble before God but it is foolishness before God .

Blessings to you

The Holy Spirit Reminds me of A Scripture that He pointed out to me oh probably a year or two ago.....

Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ. So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. For these rules are only shadows of the reality yet to come. And Christ himself is that reality. Don’t let anyone condemn you by insisting on pious self-denial or the worship of angels, saying they have had visions about these things. Their sinful minds have made them proud, and they are not connected to Christ, the head of the body. For he holds the whole body together with its joints and ligaments, and it grows as God nourishes it.
Colossians 2:8‭, ‬16‭-‬19 NLT
https://bible.com/bible/116/col.2.8-19.NLT

JEsus said I come to give you life and life in abundance.

I dont understand the whole 'im just a sinner saved by grace' idea where that came from. Too many people say that. But we arent sinners when we are washed in the blood of the lamb. We are saints as thats what God calls us.

If someone is still calling themselves a sinner then repent and get baptised into Christ and dont delay!

Its like describing your shiny new car oh this is just an old bomb that was rescued from the tip. Doesnt God make all things new?

I dont understand the whole 'im just a sinner saved by grace' idea where that came from. Too many people say that. But we arent sinners when we are washed in the blood of the lamb. We are saints as thats what God calls us.

If someone is still calling themselves a sinner then repent and get baptised into Christ and dont delay!

Its like describing your shiny new car oh this is just an old bomb that was rescued from the tip. Doesnt God make all things new?

You are so right... but some people (maybe it's just in america.. not sure) think that they are being humble by saying they're just an old sinner saved saved by grace. It's a lie that's been sown into the church a very long time ago.

You definitely have the right idea and belief. When we accepted Christ.. we became a new creature... God made us (our spirits) brand new

You're very smart!
Blessings

Amen and another false humility,
Just let me have just enough to survive. We don't need much but this ol broken down life and some scraps.
That's not being humble before God but it is foolishness before God .
Blessings to you

You are so right... but some people (maybe it's just in america.. not sure) think that they are being humble by saying they're just an old sinner saved saved by grace. It's a lie that's been sown into the church a very long time ago.
You definitely have the right idea and belief. When we accepted Christ.. we became a new creature... God made us (our spirits) brand new
You're very smart!
Blessings

The Gaither Vocal Band sang a 1986 Christian contemporary titled Sinner Saved by Grace. At the end of the song are the lyrics, I'm just a sinner saved by grace

Actually for years the Christian community has used the saying, "I'm just a sinner saved by grace" to get their point across but we must be careful. There are all kinds of sermons, blogs, written on this phrase but it can be and has been missapplied with scripture.

Amen to the posts and I would like to share on another note called "humble brag."

In line with what FC Jim shared, we must discern if the person is giving attention to actually being proud of their suffering or low state. We are also not to be proud of our sins. On the other hand we can give our testimony of humble beginnings and how the Lord filled us with contentment during seasons of need.

Thank you, CTurtle for your thread, Be Clothed with Humility, it spoke to me.

God bless you and your family.

Be Clothed With Humility
And be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

Most believers don't know anything about true humility. If you tell them they're the righteousness of God, they'll fight to keep from believing it. You can give them scripture references to prove it, and they'll still argue.

"Oh no," they'll say, "I'm not righteous. I'm just an old sinner saved by grace." They're making a sincere attempt to be humble. But they're sincerely wrong. They're so afraid of being exalted by pride that they've let Satan trick them into falling right into it.

Let me show you what I mean. According to 1 Peter 5:5-6, to be truly humble is to submit to God. That means when God says something, you believe it no matter how foreign to your "religious" thinking it may be. When He says you've been made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, you say that too. In fact, you wouldn't dare say anything else because to do so would be to dare to disagree with God. And, when you get right down to it, that's the ultimate form of pride, isn't it?

Don't let Satan keep you groveling in the dust of false humility. Agree with God. Find out what His Word says about you, then be bold enough to say it yourself. Banish pride by submitting to His truth. Clothe yourself in true humility. It's sure to look good on you.

© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

Amen to that, cturtle.
Good teaching. Thank you.

Be Clothed With Humility

Thanks sis for the encouragement:)

Blessings

Back