Be strong and of a good courage

Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6 ESV

Do not quit nor give up. You do not have the right. You are bought with a price that you could never repay.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. I believe you will use it well. You really can do anything through Jesus. Whatever He has put in your heart. Don't let the world, the devil or your own self doubts hinder you from doing whatever God has for you. Life is short enough trust me. Yesterday I was a boy. Whatever good things God has put in your heart do, work toward them. No matter the difficulties go for it 100%. There will be setbacks and discouragements that come. That's the way it works. They might fight against you but will never overcome you. Not if you don't give up. You cannot give up since there is nowhere else to go but towards the thing God has called you to.

The same things fight against everyone. The biggest enemy I've had my whole life was me. Self is the enemy of every man. So get me out of the way. If God has put really put something into your heart then don't let anything stop you.
You will probably find as many do, that where you end up is different than where you thought you were going. But that's part of the journey. You've lived long enough to have seen this already. Never despise small beginnings because you have no idea what God will do with them. You will learn by everything you do, especially the failures. If you're not making mistakes then you're not trying anything.

God has a perfect plan for your life. We are not the judge of how important a thing might be. Only God is. Things we consider a total failure are a perfect success in the eyes of God who sees not as man sees but with an eye to the eternal. Every generation God, Jesus, has to start all over He told me. We, you and I, are laborers in His fields in our generation. Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might for God has set the thing before you and there is a wonderful sense of accomplishment, of being faithful to Him when we give our all to whatever we have set our hand to. As Nehemiah, work with the one hand and keep the sword in your other. That is always be aware that an enemy just like a lion, watches from ambush waiting until you are tired, or weak, or discouraged. Then he attacks. So be attentive. Give your body the rest it needs, listen closely to what God is prompting you to do. The simplest things are the ones we tend to ignore and they can be the most important.

I know that He has brought each of us into this life and there are no accidents of birth. We are not judges of what is most important to do. Whatever He has given you to do is most important. It might be carrying out the trash or sweeping the floor. God does not look at anything like we do. He allows us to see as He sees in many things as we come to know His ways better through experience. You can have peace and not toss it out at the turn of an emotion. Emotions are liars except the ones that tell us to have a joyful thankful heart. Throw off the bonds of the habit of allowing a spirit of heaviness to come into our spiritual house and wreck the peaceful furnishings. The devil has a judgement set upon him and so fights against men. We who have been plucked out of the fire by Jesus can rejoice continually because we have been adopted by the master, the creator and savior.

These things I write unto you by urging of the Holy Spirit who wants you to walk in victory far more than you do. Cleave to Jesus with all your might and don't look to any man for your strength, joy or guidance. It is God and God alone who sustains you. He will send you edification and uplifting through others and never refuse it, never. It was sent because you need it or will.
Be of very good cheer for it is God's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. The kingdom is three things only, righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Amen

Back