Beef Stew - Slow Cooker Variety

Pastor Gary

Senior Moderator and Staff Trainer
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Staff Trainer
Beef Stew - Slow Cooker Variety

An electric Slow Cooker or Crock Pot can be a usefull appliance in preparing a tasty meal if you do not have much time in the kitchen late in the day.

This is one example of a 'prep and forget' meal that will satisfy the taste buds of all non-vegetarians. The recipe can be added to or subtracted from as your family tastes dictate and once the morning prep work is done, this will simmer in the Slow Cooker for 6 to 8 hours and will be ready when you are.

Ingredients:

2 pounds of cubed sirloin or tenderloin beef.
3/4 pound of fresh diced carrots
1/2 pound wax beans cut to 1 inch lengths
1/2 cup of fresh diced celery stalks
1 finely chopped garlic clove
1 finely diced yellow oninon (2-1/2 inch diameter)
2 Beef boullion cubes
2 medium Bay Leaves
1/2 cup of water
and 1/3 teaspoon of the following: sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, parsley flakes, celery seed, basil, caraway seed and chives.

Mix ingredients in Slow Cooker, set to LO heat level for the first 5 hours. Stir ingredients occasionally and reduce heat setting to 'warm' for the final 1 to 3 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes and home made wheat bread. The stew liquid can be used as a hearty gravy over the potatoes. Remove Bay Leaves before serving. Serves a family of 4.

For conversion to metric, see the conversion chart at the top of this area.

Enjoy !! :)

There is so much one can do with their slow cooker or crock pot as we used to call them .... Soups are so good in them and chili is great cause it does not stick to the bottom and when it is slow cooked all the flavours disperse through the chili.

Well I did that one today...and it was ...for want of better words addictive...its a keep recipe for me. I am going to try mexican style chillie con carne tomorrow if all goes well...done mexican style not british...I am told it has more...'kick':D

it was good to see my old slow cooker back in use again.:D

Hey teckie ..... Throw that recipe up on another thread when you get a chance .It sounds good . I am also going to get out my crock pot . I love to do soups in the crock pot as the weather gets colder .... so comforting.

Back