Before the Throne of God and all the Saints of God by Greg Gordon

saints.jpg

Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. In a loud voice they were saying: “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!” - Revelation 5:11-12

What a sight and spectacle! Myriads of those who fought the good fight, finished the race, following the Lamb of God. Now they are before Him! Gazing, bowing, prostrate, adoring, worshipping, weeping, that One who died for them. They are the sure ones (the martyrs), the one's that lived godly lives, who are examples for us in this life. Imagine them now before God's throne worshipping and exalting the Holy Son of God.

We are prone in our Christian daily life to be fixated on ourselves. Our goals, problems, and just the daily grind of life that we are in. How healthy it is to think of the bigger picture, to reach we are not in an individualism Christianity that focuses only on my needs but rather we are in a corporate Christianity that is in community with each other. Christ calls us one body, and we are not just any body but the very body of Christ unified also with Him. Let your mind this day think upon heaven, consider all the saints who finished well who are in the presence of the Lamb of God even now.

Imagine in heaven now Polycarp, Paul the Apostle, St. Benedict, John Wesley, Augustine, A.W. Tozer and a host of others all bowing before the Lord of glory. We must realize that in our daily life we are not separate from them but still one body in Christ. Consider to say this prayer out-loud:

O HEAVENLY Father, who has knit together Your elect in one communion and fellowship, in the mystical body of Your Son Christ our Lord; Grant us grace so to follow Your blessed saints in all virtuous and godly living, that we may come to those unspeakable joys which You have prepared for those who unfeignedly love You; through Your Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Cturtle

Senior Moderator / Secretary
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
Feb 11, 2015
Usa
What a sight and spectacle! Myriads of those who fought the good fight, finished the race, following the Lamb of God. Now they are before Him! Gazing, bowing, prostrate, adoring, worshipping, weeping, that One who died for them. They are the sure ones (the martyrs), the one's that lived godly lives, who are examples for us in this life. Imagine them now before God's throne worshipping and exalting the Holy Son of God.
As I can agree with the rest of your post... This first paragraph doesn't line up with Scripture. In the verse that you used as a reference... It is only the angels and the 24 elders and the living creatures that are encircling the throne and worshipping.

Blessings to you and yours

As I can agree with the rest of your post... This first paragraph doesn't line up with Scripture. In the verse that you used as a reference... It is only the angels and the 24 elders and the living creatures that are encircling the throne and worshipping.

Blessings to you and yours
What about Hebrews 11 all those who were faithful are a great cloud of witnesses and they will inherit Gods promise. And then in revelation all the saints dressed in white robes John asks who are these? People of every tribe tongue and nation.
Revelation 9:7- 17

Cturtle

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
Feb 11, 2015
Usa
What about Hebrews 11 all those who were faithful are a great cloud of witnesses and they will inherit Gods promise. And then in revelation all the saints dressed in white robes John asks who are these? People of every tribe tongue and nation.
Revelation 9:7- 17
Have you read in your Bible that they are ?

Amens/Likes: Fish Catcher Jim

Fish Catcher Jim

<>< Radically Saved ><>
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Feb 7, 2015
Yep! Have you? Unless you reckon the saints are only of one tribe and only speak american. Lol
What kind of answer is this?
You originally quote scripture as an answer that was not even concerning the question of the op.
Tad confusing

Amens/Likes: Cturtle

Cturtle

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
Feb 11, 2015
Usa
Yep! Have you? Unless you reckon the saints are only of one tribe and only speak american. Lol
Yes....
Neither of those places (Hebrews 11-12 or Revelation 5, 9) says that the saints are gathered around the throne. It does say that they are singing in revelation 5 but not that they're bowing and worshipping.... That was only the elders, angels and living creatures.

I think some people are being a bit pedantic about that lol.

We are all going to be bowing before the throne! Possibly not all at the exact same time but hey in Heaven we have all eternity, but I do recall there is silence in Heaven for about a minute. In revelation.

Why would you not this is King of Kings Lord of Lords everyone will be showing respect/reverence. Every tongue shall confess and every knee shall bow.

Check out phillipians 2:10-11 if you refuse to believe me, read what scripture says!

I would say maybe americans arent used to bowing or curtseying before royalty.
Maybe because they dont recognise it in their own country.

But that is common protocol. Just an observation here. I dont mean anything against americans. If you dont know what to do in royalty's presence then you just wouldnt know. But that is the done thing, and most people would show respect.

How even more at the throne of God?

I would say maybe americans arent used to bowing or curtseying before royalty.
Maybe because they dont recognise it in their own country.
Common sense would dictate that because we in the United States don't have a queen (or king), then no....we don't bow to royalty since we don't have royalty to bow to.

It was decided long ago during the formation of our country that even the U.S. president would not be bowed to.

You're trying to equate something you know nothing about to how to act in the presence of God. Apples and oranges.

Cturtle

Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
Feb 11, 2015
Usa
We as believers really need to be on our guard when it comes to Scripture. There is a lot of people out there who have twisted thoughts and beliefs about what Scripture really says. And if we just assume something or place something (a thought or idea in a passage) that's not really there... It can be misleading and dangerous. Causing us to follow a wrong path of believing.

It's very important to read more than just one verse. Read above And below to find out exactly what the Holy Spirit was trying to convey through the person who wrote the letter to the church. Make sure to remember that when these letters were written ... They were not written in chapter and verse. It was written as one flowing thought.

In all reality we may be bowing occasionally or even once a day before our Almighty ... But it won't be all we do. There is much more to heaven and eternity than bowing and worshipping our Lord, even though It certainly is a wonderful honor to bow, praise and worship the Lord.

The hour is to late in the time clock for us to be going off on rabit trails that lead to nowhere. There are deceiving spirits running rampant to deceive and destroy the born again believers. It's time to double check everything people say against the Word of God. The devil is mean and does not care about us and only desires to get us off on tangents that will produce ineffectiveness in our lives. That means that someone who God had in our path to minister to will not be if we get off the narrow path and off of the truth. People who are meant to be set free so that they can be effective for Christ will be hindered or God will have to get someone else. So please be cautious about what others say about what's in the Bible... Even if it is your favorite preacher or teacher or best friend or even parent or family member.

Blessings
Know your covenant
Know your Bible

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Feb 15, 2010
Daly City, California
www.livingstoneministries.com
Hello Sermoninde;

That is a beautiful stained glass of the believers and angels. In Revelation 5:11-12 The angels are offering their continuous praise to God which inspires us join them in bowing to The Lamb.

Thank you for sharing this, Sermoninde.

God bless you and your family.

Amens/Likes: Lanolin

bobinfaith

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Feb 15, 2010
Daly City, California
www.livingstoneministries.com
I would say maybe americans arent used to bowing or curtseying before royalty. Maybe because they dont recognise it in their own country. But that is common protocol. Just an observation here. I dont mean anything against americans. If you dont know what to do in royalty's presence then you just wouldnt know. But that is the done thing, and most people would show respect. How even more at the throne of God?
Hello, Lanolin;

What comes to mind is when I grew up as an US Air Force dependent, my Dad, a major, "saluted" to higher ranking officers and other officers and enlisted men saluted to him. I felt there was a courtesy and respect but not an act of homage.

I do remember when leaders from the United States visited royalty in another country, they would receive instructions how to greet the leader out of national respect. First ladies or woman leaders/represetatives would curtsy.

Look at the stained glass. When I pray and read the Word concerning the throne of God, its only when I include my LOVE, honor and worship to Him, and only do I bow to Him.

God bless you, sister and your family.

Amens/Likes: Lanolin
Hello, Lanolin;

What comes to mind is when I grew up as an US Air Force dependent, my Dad, a major, "saluted" to higher ranking officers and other officers and enlisted men saluted to him. I felt there was a courtesy and respect but not an act of homage.

I do remember when leaders from the United States visited royalty in another country, they would receive instructions how to greet the leader out of national respect. First ladies or woman leaders/represetatives would curtsy.

Look at the stained glass. When I pray and read the Word concerning the throne of God, its only when I include my LOVE, honor and worship to Him, and only do I bow to Him.

God bless you, sister and your family.
Bowing before His throne is what we all will do, those who love God. I love my Heavenly Father.
This is also why in marriage proposals the suitor bends down on one knee to his beloved.

The stained glass is beautfiul.
Whoever wants to nitpick the saints worshipping before the throne does so at their own peril.