Being a Co-Worker with God.

Being a laborer, and Co-working together with God.

1Cor 3:9.. For we are laborers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building. (KJV)

2Cor 6:1.. We are workers together with God. So we beg you: Don't let the grace that you received from God be for nothing. (ERV)

What does this look like? In what way are we working together with God? What exactly is our work, and what exactly is God's work? Being a “co-worker” with the creator of all things sounds like fun to me! Surely, we are laboring together toward a “common” goal. It can not be the Lord is doing his own thing, while we are doing our own thing. Jesus said.....

John 5:17.. But Jesus answered them, "My Father is working until now, and I am working."

Jesus, the Son of God was co-working together with his Father on this earth in exactly the same way we are to co-work with God today. I am the kind of person who wants to know what my responsibilities are in this working relationship so that my Heavenly father will not be ashamed of me, or that I do not bring contempt upon his court. Jesus, gives insight to what this work is...

John 6:27 Do not WORK for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which then Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal."
John 6:28 Then they said to him, "WHAT MUST WE DO, TO BE DOING THE WORKS OF GOD?"
John 6:29.. Jesus answered them, "THIS IS THE WORK OF GOD, THAT YOU BELIEVE IN HIM WHOM HE HAS SENT."

The WORKS of God that the we are suppose to be doing is “believing in the one God has sent, which is Jesus Christ the WORD of God” This is why Christians are called “believers”
To “believe” is to have “faith”. To have faith in what? The Word of God. This sounds to good to be true, and way to easy to do. Having faith in the Word of God is not easy as it takes “WORK” to accomplish! The human “mind” does not accept the things of God, as it considers it “foolish” because it can see, feel, hear, taste, or touch spiritual things. The re birthed human heart has no problems believing. It is our un-renewed mind that always gives us trouble. Over coming this takes WORK, using “spiritual” weapons that are able destroy these thoughts that try to exalt themself against the “knowledge” of God!!!

2Cor 10:3.. For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Cor 10:4.. (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
2Cor 10:5.. Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and BRINGING INTO CAPTIVITY EVERY THOUGHT TO THE OBEDIENCE OF CHRIST;

My WORK as a Christian is simply to have faith in the Word of God. Doing anything else is going beyond what we are told to do.

If my WORK is to believe in the Word of God, then what is God's WORK, since we are co-workers together? God's WORK is to perform what man is having faith in him to do!!!
Man's WORK is to believe, God's WORK is to do. Since God is the Word, having faith in it causes the Word to work for us!!

Php 2:13.. For it is God which WORKETH in you both to will and TO DO of his good pleasure.

Abraham learned this, and it was vital to his faith. It caused him to “walk” perfectly with his God. He did not “stagger” at the promises of God in his walk, he simply believed every Word of God that was spoken to him! What did he learn?

Rom 4:20 He STAGGERED not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
Rom 4:21.. And BEING FULLY PERSUADED THAT, WHAT HE HAD PROMISED, HE (God) WAS ABLE ALSO TO PERFORM.

Abraham learned that his faith in the Word of God could only be performed by the one who gave it!!!

Being a “doer” of the Word is directly connected to our faith in the Word. God is the only one who can do the WORKS of FAITH. If we do the works of faith, then we are taking God's part and doing them, which is not our work, but his! “Faith works by love” (Gal 5:6) God, by himself alone is “love”, and he is the only one who can do the WORKS of faith!!!

You can not have “true” faith without works, but you can have WORKS without faith!!! When a man does the works of faith he really does not have true faith! This called “iniquity”

Math 7:21.. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Math 7:22.. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have WE not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Math 7:23.. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: DEPART FROM ME, YE THAT WORK INIQUITY.

Notice, who was doing all these WORKS? They said. “, have WE not prophesied in thy name?.......”

The Lord told me several years ago.

"A man can have works without faith, but it is impossible for a man to have faith without works"

These men were doing things they should have not have been doing. What did Jesus say they were doing? “iniquity”!!! Our obedience is in our believing, not in our doing. Certainly, God does works through us while we are having faith in him
to do them. Jesus said......

Mar 16:17.. And THESE SIGNS SHALL FOLLOW THEM THAT BELIEVE; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Jesus did not say these signs shall follow them the do them. He said these signs shall follow them that
believe!

How did Jesus work together with his Father? Jesus said this about himself.....

John 5:30.. I CAN OF MINE OWN SELF DO NOTHING: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Can you believe this statement? Jesus, the Son of God claiming his inabilites to do anything on his own? Jesus was 100% man and 100% God, he was a God man. The human part of Jesus was unable to perform the WORKS of God on his own. He needed his Father that was dwelling within him to perform the miracles. Jesus the man had total faith, and trust in his Father to do these things through him!!!!

John 14:10.. Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but THE FATHER THAT DWELLETH IN ME, HE DOETH THE WORKS.

Every Word that came out of Jesus, came from his Father. Every miracle came forth from within himself were his Father dwelt. It flowed out of him. This is our perfect example in how we are workers together with God. Man's work is to believe God's Word, God's Work is to perform what man has faith in him to perform!!!

Last edited:
Back