Believe Thou This?

With Easter, Resurrection Sunday, (whatever you want to call it for whatever reason), coming up, as every year, there is much debate on what day Jesus died. Seems like all the enemy has to do for some is sit back and watch while he gets us to focus on the less weighty things of the day. The things that ultimately do not matter. Good Friday not really being Good Friday, Sunday not being the Sabbath or the first day of week, Jesus dying on a Wednesday, and how it is that Friday to Sunday is three days. Debates and questions of all kinds and everybody has an opinion.

Not going to say a lot about this, because like I said ultimately it doesn’t matter and I’m not going to waste my time arguing or debating over things of little importance. Not trying to be evasive, not trying to avoid arguments, not trying to step on anybody’s toes or offend anyone, just desiring to state the Truth.

Was talking to my hubby and he pointed this out, “If God wanted us to know the exact day or date of when things occurred He would have stated so in His Word.”

God told us what we needed to know. Too many times we try to expand and get revelation on something that doesn’t need revelation; we just need to believe the Word of God. Jesus went to the cross. In doing so He was spat upon, ridiculed, put to shame, called out of His name. He was beaten. He was bruised. He was scourged. He was nailed to the cross. There He hung, He bled and He died. And on the third day He was raised from dead. Why? So that we can have eternal life. So that we can be free of our sins. So that we can be reconciled to God. That is the Truth.

Now, the day Jesus went to the cross, the day He was in the garden, the day He was born, the day He rose again; ultimately does not matter. In continuing the conversation with my husband today, we talked about this: if you are drowning and are in need of someone saving you, when you look back at being saved, it does not matter what day of the week it was. What matters is that you were saved. That because of what someone else did on your behalf, YOU ARE ALIVE. And that is what matters about the Resurrection. What someone else did on your behalf. Most importantly, someone died on your behalf. JESUS. Jesus died on the cross and saved you. He saved me. And He still offers that message of salvation, the Easter message, to all who will believe. All who believe that THAT is what He did. (The act, not the day).

So if you want to continue to debate, to argue, and concentrate on the significance of the day or the date, I just want you to know there are more pressing issues. He did it. And the only question that remains is whether or not you believe it? Ultimately, that is the only question that needs to be answered for that is the one that determines your salvation.

Jesus Himself has said, “I AM the Resurrection and the Life. He that believeth in Me, though He were dead, yet shall He live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. Believe thou this?”

I choose to believe no matter what day it was.

God is real.
A servant of the Lord,
Sis. E

http://butgodisreal.com
http://www.ongoodground.org

Back