Belonging To Another...

Romans 7:4-5
4 Therefore, my brothers [and sisters,] you also were put to death in regard to the Law through the body of Christ, so that you might belong to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.
5 For while we were in the flesh, the sinful passions, which were [brought to light] by the Law, were at work in the parts of our body to bear fruit for death.

There is soooo much depth in just these two verses, things within the depths that are liberating...setting us free from bondages.

So, in the above quote, we see the once we are in Christ, we are THEN set free by having been put to death as we first were drawn to Christ, and buried with Him. The Law, therefore, HAD us in its grip of death until raised in the new birth. THEN, and ONLY then, are we able to bear fruit unto the Lord. See that?

The Law brought knowledge and understanding to us of our deadly, sinful state while under the curse of the Law. We were bearing fruit ONLY unto death!

Amen

MM

I think this passage would complement Rom 7:4,5

Galatians 2:19-21 KJV
For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. [20] I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. [21] I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Amen, CN.

Romans 8:1-4
1 Therefore there is now no condemnation at all for those who are in Christ Jesus.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God [did:] sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and [as an offering] for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

There it is. My acquaintances out there who are trying to continue coupling their lives to obeying Torah with the Blood of Christ, they are casting the Blood of Christ into the well of ineffectiveness when not coupled with our own efforts through Torah, which the scriptures clearly state was utterly incapable of bringing this body of sin under subjection to righteousness.

Legalism, at the very least, takes away a huge measure of the sufficiency that is in the shed Blood of Christ. It steals measure of Christ's ownership for our belonging to Him, and shoves it into the inferiority of the Law! That simply is unacceptable, and yet all of that drives many of those who continue to follow Torah to adopt the wickedness of condemnatory attitudes toward the rest of us who do not look to Torah to supplement our salvation that is found ONLY in Christ Jesus and His perfect fulfillment of Torah, AND His writing of the Law...HIS Law, upon our hearts.

Amen.

MM

There it is. My acquaintances out there who are trying to continue coupling their lives to obeying Torah with the Blood of Christ, they are casting the Blood of Christ into the well of ineffectiveness when not coupled with our own efforts through Torah, which the scriptures clearly state was utterly incapable of bringing this body of sin under subjection to righteousness.
I have often wondered if this fact that you have stated might be the one UNFORGIVEABLE sin. To disgrace the BLOOD of CHRIST with a belief that something must be added. It is BLASPHEMY.

I have often wondered if this fact that you have stated might be the one UNFORGIVEABLE sin. To disgrace the BLOOD of CHRIST with a belief that something must be added. It is BLASPHEMY.

You have indeed hit upon a crucially important point here. Disgracing the Blood of Christ is indeed an unforgiveable sin IF, and ONLY if, the soul that was living in rejection of that Blood goes to their grave in that heart-set. That does indeed call into question as to if their names were or were not blotted out from the Book of Life.

Many of those on that bandwagon have come to the conclusion that Paul of Tarsus was not a true apostle of Christ, even though he was absolutely endorsed by the apostolic council in Jerusalem in Acts 15.

MM

Many of those on that bandwagon have come to the conclusion that Paul of Tarsus was not a true apostle of Christ, even though he was absolutely endorsed by the apostolic council in Jerusalem in Acts 15.
This would be treading on dangerous ground especially since Peter, (who was approved by Jesus) put his stamp of approval on Paul, calling his 'writings' Scripture..

2 Peter 3:15-16 KJV
And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; [16] As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

I guess the wresting continues amongst some.

This would be treading on dangerous ground especially since Peter, (who was approved by Jesus) put his stamp of approval on Paul, calling his 'writings' Scripture..

2 Peter 3:15-16 KJV
And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; [16] As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

I guess the wresting continues amongst some.

Well, sometimes the detractors lack the necessary level of critical thought to discern the obvious in what Peter wrote.

But, hey, get this...one of the HR groups I visited actually admitted openly to me that they spent the vast majority of their time in Torah! I mean, come on! That's only PART of the overall story. There's so much more!

It took all my willpower to NOT yell at them for such foolishness!

MM

Back