Bible Doctrine

2 Timothy 4:1-4...……….
"I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

It seems to me that the times we live in today is a fulfillment of Paul's words to Timothy. We live in a time when men have begun o believe what man says instead of what God says and all of that is done by the word "Interpretation".

May I say that before a man can come to know God, he must acknowledge that God exists.

The Doctrine of God

Genesis 1:1...………..
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth".

In the 1st verse of the 1st chapter in the 1st book of the Bible, there is God. God did not begin in verse 1 of chapter 1. God is because God has always been.
God is eternal not only in the future but also in the past. There never was a time when God did not exist.

God did not move matter which was already in existence around to create the universe and all that was in it. He spoke the Word and out of nothing came everything.

Then it needs to be understood that God has a name. His name of deity is "Elohim". That means in the Hebrew...……"strong one, mighty leader, supreme deity".
It is also a plural word which means Three- ("3") which allows for the New Testament doctrine of the Trinity to be developed.

Then Gods personal name is "Jehovah." NO, I am not a Jehovah Witness trying to emphasize that particular name.
Now I fully realize that some will ague this point and insist the God's name is "Yhwh", or Adonai or Theos" or some other name that they have been exposed to and taught.
With a little study you will find I believe that the form of the word Jehovah, though, is the word very commonly used. It is used in the King James Version of the Bible in Gen. 22:14, Ex. 6:3, 17:15, Judges 6:24, Psalms 83:18, Is. 12:2 & 26:4.

We can discuss the cosmological argument for God.
We can discuss the nature of God.
We can discuss the Attributes of God.

If there is any interest in this posting, I will be honored to develop it with who ever wants to proceed with it. We will give it a few days and if there is not interest I will go on to the Person of the Lord Jesus Christ and what correct Bible doctrine is about Him.

Back